Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
idk man, seems like they're doing pretty okay financially

Similar to a lot of industries, autos are cyclical. They have good years and bad years. If they lock themselves into a bad contract and the market turns south and those profits shrink or even go negative, that spells bad news for everyone, including the UAW.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Similar to a lot of industries, autos are cyclical. They have good years and bad years. If they lock themselves into a bad contract and the market turns south and those profits shrink or even go negative, that spells bad news for everyone, including the UAW.
and with the green initiative being rammed down everyone’s throat, inflation, looming recession and interest rates continuing to rise… I suspect some pretty bad, lean years ahead for auto manufacturers.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
We’ve actually seen a huge uptick in arrests of Mexican nationals.

When I started back in 03’, it was 99+% Mexicans.

Can’t remember when it really changed. Maybe 2015ish or so. Groups would be all OTM and typically yes, the Mexican was the foot guide.

In the last year or so it’s changed again. Might be 50/50 or maybe even more Mex than any other nationality.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'm not going to get in to too much detail, but this post is SPOT on.

Mexican nationals have normally been the majority of USBP apprehensions. It did shift to Other Than Mexican (OTMs) for a while.

However, since at least 2020 (start of pandemic and lock downs) USBP apprehensions have swung back to being majority Mexican nationals (just easier for them since they are our neighboring country).

I'll give you some very basic, round numbers, to display this (These are not official numbers, just for reference and comparison on how vast the difference is):

Fiscal year 2023 apprehension for my region ONLY......

Mexican: 108,000
Venezuelans: 47,000
Colombians: 38,000
Guatemalans: 37,000
Nicaraguans: 36,000

And the list goes on............

This is just 5 nationalities and this is just for one border region along the southwest border (SWB). Now imagine what it is for the entire SWB? And my border region is NOT number 1 in apprehensions either. So, other regions have higher numbers than displayed above.

We are being overrun folks, don't get it twisted. I understand all about the American Dream, but our current President and his supporters have no clue how to control the seriousness of border issues like previous Presidents tried to do.

Sorry for going off track as this is the UAW thread. But, I noticed a lot of you have bits and pieces of knowledge concerning the problem set, but miss the target on other issues. So, I just wanted to set the record straight, at least on the migration side of things.

Fentanyl and Cartels are separate topics all together.....

And for those who do not know, I am NOT an agent, but I live this SHIT everyday.......

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
idk man, seems like they're doing pretty okay financially

All that profit and more are being sucked down the ravenous Green Blackhole.

GM, but Ford and Stellantis in the same boat.

On profits: "Those record profits are reinvested in our company and our people. In 2022, GM had net income profits of $9.9 billion. In 2023, our capital spending will be $11-$12 billion. That’s not an aberration - over the past ten years, our net income totaled $65 billion, and the amount we invested in that same period? $77 billion. That includes investments for our EV future, including our facilities in Detroit/Hamtramck and Orion in Michigan, Toledo and Defiance in Ohio and in Rochester, New York."

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm not going to get in to too much detail, but this post is SPOT on.

Mexican nationals have normally been the majority of USBP apprehensions. It did shift to Other Than Mexican (OTMs) for a while.

However, since at least 2020 (start of pandemic and lock downs) USBP apprehensions have swung back to being majority Mexican nationals (just easier for them since they are our neighboring country).

I'll give you some very basic, round numbers, to display this (These are not official numbers, just for reference and comparison on how vast the difference is):

Fiscal year 2023 apprehension for my region ONLY......

Mexican: 108,000
Venezuelans: 47,000
Colombians: 38,000
Guatemalans: 37,000
Nicaraguans: 36,000

And the list goes on............

This is just 5 nationalities and this is just for one border region along the southwest border (SWB). Now imagine what it is for the entire SWB? And my border region is NOT number 1 in apprehensions either. So, other regions have higher numbers than displayed above.

We are being overrun folks, don't get it twisted. I understand all about the American Dream, but our current President and his supporters have no clue how to control the seriousness of border issues like previous Presidents tried to do.

Sorry for going off track as this is the UAW thread. But, I noticed a lot of you have bits and pieces of knowledge concerning the problem set, but miss the target on other issues. So, I just wanted to set the record straight, at least on the migration side of things.

Fentanyl and Cartels are separate topics all together.....

And for those who do not know, I am NOT an agent, but I live this SHIT everyday.......

Embrace the suck sir!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I hear that thought process. I think the union had its place years ago before it became as easy to litigate over bad working environments. Now, I think they serve less of a purpose.

I know tons of people that work at the KC F-150/Transit plant. There are some good workers that really care about what they do and take pride in it, then there are those that go to work to hangout and **** around.

Better wages/retirement should hopefully increase the number of people who take pride in their work, and decrease the need to hire the idiots.

My F150 was built there. It’s been a pretty damn good truck knock on wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robvas

Established Member
I have worked on job sites where the customer (generally oil companies) required all contractors non exempt (us) to belong to unions.

Used to work for a merit shop general contractor so it seemed like we had the union picketers on our sites whenever they didn't have any work to do....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Furman says the rationale behind the union's so-called "Stand Up" strategy is to strike select plants and keep the companies guessing.

• "(I)f we can keep them wounded for months they don't know what to do. The beauty is we've laid it all out in the public and they're still helpless to stop it."
  • "And creating compression points of national attention for them to do the right thing is way different than just waiting for a month for the next offer. Plus, we're breaking pattern and they're bargaining against each other for the first time in 70 years."
  • Instead of bargaining with one company to achieve a pattern deal that can be applied to all three Detroit automakers, Furman says the UAW aims to turn the companies against each other in a bid to secure the best deal for union members.
Of note: Furman is a former reporter at Labor Notes, an advocacy nonprofit, who also worked as a national labor organizer for Bernie Sanders' 2020 presidential campaign. In the group chat, he also crowed:

• "(Two) years ago I was writing labor notes articles about John Deere. Now we're striking all 3 of the Big 3 and gonna' win some historic gains. CNN is carrying our comms and picket line live. The White House calling concerned about what we might say. Members screaming 'I LOVE YOU' to our folksy gen x class struggle christian white dude from Indiana who quotes Malcolm X," an apparent reference to UAW President Fain.

Users who are viewing this thread