Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I mean I work 5 12s. About a year and a half ago I stopped working every other Saturday. If I worked less than 60 hours a week, I feel like I was on vacation.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Let say a strike occurs, does anyone think the auto manufacturers will tell the uaw to pound sand?

Years ago (maybe when GM and Chrysler took public handouts that were paid back...I know I know) people spoke about how much retirement added to the price of a new domestic motor. I can't even imagine what it is today.
If I remember correctly the way GM pay back was handled the federal government was issued shares at $56 a share plus or minus. GM then bought back the shares at $19 a share plus or minus.

Now if you call that paying back the federal handout I have a bridge in New York City I would like to sell you only $1 million.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
DETROIT (AP) — The United Auto Workers union says it has filed unfair labor practice complaints against Stellantis and General Motors for failing to make counteroffers to the union's economic demands.

Ford was the only company of the Detroit Three to make a counteroffer, but it rejected most of the union's proposals, President Shawn Fain told workers Thursday in a Facebook Live meeting.

02reaper

Established Member
I say if you don't like your situation, find something else. The union should have to pay the full salary and such of its union workers that go on strike. How are you gonna demand a company to do something you can't do yourself.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DETROIT (AP) — The United Auto Workers union says it has filed unfair labor practice complaints against Stellantis and General Motors for failing to make counteroffers to the union's economic demands.

Ford was the only company of the Detroit Three to make a counteroffer, but it rejected most of the union's proposals, President Shawn Fain told workers Thursday in a Facebook Live meeting.
and here begins the slew of ULP charges and anonymous OSHA calls. Bunch of children. and they wonder why companies move things offshore.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Amid the ongoing battle between the “Big Three” automakers and the United Auto Workers (UAW) union, Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:F) presented a revised offer to the UAW on August 31. As per Ford CEO Jim Farley, the offer is very “generous,” with meaningful pay increases, the elimination of the wage tier system, and the opportunity to reach the highest wage scale faster. Even so, UAW President Shawn Fain has dismissed Ford’s counter-offer, calling it inadequate on the grounds of job security proposals, quality of life proposals, and retiree payout proposals.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Go look at the German Auto Unions.

I think they work 32/36hr weeks, make more per hour and produce twice as many cars.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This was brought up at a meeting yesterday. Being that I make and test injectors we might get alittle time off...no complaints here.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
32 hour work week!? Lol!!! What a bunch of pathetic human beings.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hell If I could work 4 hours a day I'd take it. I'm tired of working....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
DETROIT (AP) — General Motors first wage-and-benefit offer to the United Auto Workers on Thursday falls far short of the union's initial demands.

The offer comes just a week before the UAW's national contracts with GM, Stellantis and Ford expire, and even though both sides are far apart, it's a sign of movement on economic issues.

Union President Shawn called the offer “insulting." He is threatening to strike against any automaker that hasn't reached a tentative agreement by the time contracts expire at 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 14. A strike against one or more automakers by up to 146,000 auto workers is a real possibility.

GM said in a letter to workers that it's offering a 10% wage increase during a new four-year contract, plus two more 3% one-time payments. It's also offering a $6,000 inflation payment, $5,000 more in lump sums to protect against inflation during the contract, and a $5,000 contract ratification bonus. The company wouldn't say when the pay raises or most of the lump sums would be effective.

Users who are viewing this thread