Ford Focus RS = 345 HP

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
http://www.ford.ie/AboutFord/GenevaMotorshow2015

ALL-NEW FOCUS RS

Developed by the Ford Performance team, the All-New Focus RS is the latest model to carry the renowned RS badge. In fact, this is the 30th vehicle in a series that stretches back to 1967. And in keeping with the car’s reputation for pioneering design and engineering, the All-New Focus RS incorporates a range of ground-breaking technologies. For example, Ford Performance All-Wheel-Drive and Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control help deliver exceptional levels of grip, handling and cornering ability. As for power, a specially tuned 2.3-litre EcoBoost petrol engine delivers 350 PS.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Euro spec cars don't always get the same tuning, so we shall see how close they are. That would be awesome if that were true.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
pferdestarke, almost equivalent to exact horsepower. 350PS = 345HP or thereabouts.

Thats pretty ****ing badass. Was anticipating 325-335 ish. Wonder what these will weight in at?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like previously mentioned...hopefully it gets through emissions testing with 345hp.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Like previously mentioned...hopefully it gets through emissions testing with 345hp.

hopefully it does...emissions standards are pretty tough in the EU as well. Recently the EU has adopted even more stringent standards to go into effect over the next couple of years.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
hopefully it does...emissions standards are pretty tough in the EU as well. Recently the EU has adopted even more stringent standards to go into effect over the next couple of years.

My fingers are crossed.

GT_Jim

Established Member
Ford has also been really good about sand bagging the numbers for several years now. I think they took the '99 Cobra lesson to heart. Almost every performance car since then has been under rated at least a little bit. They have been low balling numbers prior to "official testing" now for a while as well to make sure things end up better than predicted at launch. Probably helps the marketing dept. out.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Hope this holds true by the time we get it.

This section of the market has been getting stale. With the EVO X being 7 years old and the STi running the same power plant since as long as I can remember. Nice to see something shake it up a bit and finally getting a real performance Focus in the US.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Looks like those of us saying it wouldn't go backwards by offering less than the RS500 were correct. My next prediction is that there will be a special limited 50th anniversary edition with close to 400hp.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Judging how the EB mustangs were gaining 100+ TQ from a tune alone, these cars are going to be monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread