Ford fest aug 14th&15th

svt1111

Established Member
Nice job on the nitrous pass Jake. Wish I had seen it. I was busy experimenting with DR's. vs. Bias plys probably at the time, and hot lapping no less! Got a video of one of your passes but it was only with my iPhone so the quality is probably not worth posting. Was a great pass though, I think 10.05.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Nice job on the nitrous pass Jake. Wish I had seen it. I was busy experimenting with DR's. vs. Bias plys probably at the time, and hot lapping no less! Got a video of one of your passes but it was only with my iPhone so the quality is probably not worth posting. Was a great pass though, I think 10.05.

thanks...didn't see you the rest of the day....how did you do?

svt1111

Established Member
thanks...didn't see you the rest of the day....how did you do?

With the air being what it was, I was basically just hoping to get some passes for seat time. Had a lot of difficulty walking the car out of the hole. 60's were averaging around 1.75's which is about a .10 off the usual, and due to the stock shifter I was short shifting around 6,200, otherwise gear changes are impossible, it simply won't engage the next higher gear. I was running a borrowed set of ET streets which due to their size and condition forced me to adjust all my previous launch techniques, and I only had a total of 5 passes on the car this year prior.

But, having said all that, the car was running 11.20's - .30's around 125-127 mph. Had a couple of abortion passes, one where I walked out the hole around 3,000 and the car spun like there was water all over the track, then bogged and recovered, and another where it was a clean pass until I was greedy and tried shifting 3rd around 6,500 rpm with the result being not being able to grab 4th.

ET's and MPH were slowest of the year for me, but, I had a good time none the less. Got to make 5 passes, even totally hot lapped ( didn't even let air out of the tires) and ran an 11.2 something at 125 so that was satisfying with a lava hot blower. Previous best was an 11.09 at 129 with a 1.71 60'. Previous best 1/8 mile was 7.13 @ 102.9 so I just have to keep pushing and I think I can hopefully force a 10 out of the combo.

Worst part of the day? Coming home there was a group of 4 of us travelling down Rt. 95 S. I was the car in the very back of the group. Traffic was crawling along at about 60 mph. Apparently someone called the State Police and reported my plate stating we were drag racing!!! So I get pulled over, the cop tells me why he stopped me, and I was really surprised! He followed us for at least 5 minutes before I saw the blues, and he was really sneaky about following us to obviously see if we were racing. There were about 5 million cars on the road for pete's sake! Anyway, we writes me a warning for my Shelby Lic. plate frame. Overall, the Trooper was really cool, and said sometimes Sunday drivers call in all kinds of eroneous crap, and just to take it easy. Even asked me how the car ran and what not.

Well guess what happens about 10 minutes later Yup, pulled over AGAIN! :nonono:

This time an unmarked cruiser merged onto the highway next to me, I moved over to allow him room, he fell back, followed about an 1/8 mile behind for about 5 minutes, I'm in the far right lane driving like an old lady when I get the strobes and pulled over again! As he walks to the door, I hand him my license and tell him I was just pulled over about 10 minutes ago for someone accusing me of drag racing! Well, he flips out, spits all kinds of cuss words in my face, accuses me a being something that begins with F ends with K -i-n-g and has the word A-Hole at the end, screams at me to get out with my hands up and tells me to wait with my hands on the trunk! All the while he reads me the riot act for drag racing based upon someone's report that we were weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off! I tried to reason with him, explained I wasn't in a position to be disrespectful, but I had just been pulled over for the exact same thing and the other trooper saw no reason to pursue any charges against me. He just kept telling to keep my mouth shut ( laced with tons of profanity no less). I thought I was going to jail!

Anyway, he tells me to get in my car. Then he just says angrily that he didn't realize I was already pulled over for this, and tells me to go on my way. He inspected my car for about 5 minutes while berating me, surprised he didn't say anything about the no front plate and dark windows. Guess he was just interested in breaking me down, I don't know. Gave me one heck of a headache though!

Funny thing was, after dinner I offered to trade cars with anyone who wanted to drive the Shelby home and no one took my offer! Hmmmm....

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
With the air being what it was, I was basically just hoping to get some passes for seat time. Had a lot of difficulty walking the car out of the hole. 60's were averaging around 1.75's which is about a .10 off the usual, and due to the stock shifter I was short shifting around 6,200, otherwise gear changes are impossible, it simply won't engage the next higher gear. I was running a borrowed set of ET streets which due to their size and condition forced me to adjust all my previous launch techniques, and I only had a total of 5 passes on the car this year prior.

But, having said all that, the car was running 11.20's - .30's around 125-127 mph. Had a couple of abortion passes, one where I walked out the hole around 3,000 and the car spun like there was water all over the track, then bogged and recovered, and another where it was a clean pass until I was greedy and tried shifting 3rd around 6,500 rpm with the result being not being able to grab 4th.

ET's and MPH were slowest of the year for me, but, I had a good time none the less. Got to make 5 passes, even totally hot lapped ( didn't even let air out of the tires) and ran an 11.2 something at 125 so that was satisfying with a lava hot blower. Previous best was an 11.09 at 129 with a 1.71 60'. Previous best 1/8 mile was 7.13 @ 102.9 so I just have to keep pushing and I think I can hopefully force a 10 out of the combo.

Worst part of the day? Coming home there was a group of 4 of us travelling down Rt. 95 S. I was the car in the very back of the group. Traffic was crawling along at about 60 mph. Apparently someone called the State Police and reported my plate stating we were drag racing!!! So I get pulled over, the cop tells me why he stopped me, and I was really surprised! He followed us for at least 5 minutes before I saw the blues, and he was really sneaky about following us to obviously see if we were racing. There were about 5 million cars on the road for pete's sake! Anyway, we writes me a warning for my Shelby Lic. plate frame. Overall, the Trooper was really cool, and said sometimes Sunday drivers call in all kinds of eroneous crap, and just to take it easy. Even asked me how the car ran and what not.

Well guess what happens about 10 minutes later Yup, pulled over AGAIN! :nonono:

This time an unmarked cruiser merged onto the highway next to me, I moved over to allow him room, he fell back, followed about an 1/8 mile behind for about 5 minutes, I'm in the far right lane driving like an old lady when I get the strobes and pulled over again! As he walks to the door, I hand him my license and tell him I was just pulled over about 10 minutes ago for someone accusing me of drag racing! Well, he flips out, spits all kinds of cuss words in my face, accuses me a being something that begins with F ends with K -i-n-g and has the word A-Hole at the end, screams at me to get out with my hands up and tells me to wait with my hands on the trunk! All the while he reads me the riot act for drag racing based upon someone's report that we were weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off! I tried to reason with him, explained I wasn't in a position to be disrespectful, but I had just been pulled over for the exact same thing and the other trooper saw no reason to pursue any charges against me. He just kept telling to keep my mouth shut ( laced with tons of profanity no less). I thought I was going to jail!

Anyway, he tells me to get in my car. Then he just says angrily that he didn't realize I was already pulled over for this, and tells me to go on my way. He inspected my car for about 5 minutes while berating me, surprised he didn't say anything about the no front plate and dark windows. Guess he was just interested in breaking me down, I don't know. Gave me one heck of a headache though!

Funny thing was, after dinner I offered to trade cars with anyone who wanted to drive the Shelby home and no one took my offer! Hmmmm....

oh jeez...sorry to hear man...yea there are a few of them out there....

svt1111

Established Member
Yeah, I just think the first one probably was a Ford guy and the second one, you could tell he drove a Camaro.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yeah, I just think the first one probably was a Ford guy and the second one, you could tell he drove a Camaro.

hahaha

so I heard a rumor....that the blue 03 cobra was too modified for the stock class? but was allowed to race it anyways? anyone else know about this?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
svt1111 that's a really horrible story bro....I would be irate!!!!!!!!!

Jake...do you know any details on that sonic blue cobra? I am assuming you are talking about the one with the gold/bronze drag wheels. I was trying to get a peek under the hood all day on saturday but was never able to. It was running low 11's I believe....beautifull lookin car

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

Jake...do you know any details on that sonic blue cobra? I am assuming you are talking about the one with the gold/bronze drag wheels. I was trying to get a peek under the hood all day on saturday but was never able to. It was running low 11's I believe....beautifull lookin car

No not really....I know it was in the stock Cobra class....and I heard it has a solid rear axle...

svt1111

Established Member

Eh,

I'm sure they deal with lying jerks all the time, so I can see why driving around in a Torch Red Shelby with racing numbers all over it made me look guilty, even though I had done nothing in the first place. I can understand that. I've done my fair share of speeding so in a lot of ways I was pretty much due. Although weaving around cars and passing them 40, 50, or 80 mph faster than they are going is something I prefer not to participate in.

Only thing that really upset me about the whole ordeal was the way the second Trooper was so disrespectful and just totally blasting away at me with profanity, in response to me shrugging my shoulders when he accused me of weaving in and out of traffic based upon a completely baseless phone call by some jealous motorist. I can't say for sure, but something tells me from his demeanor that he was hoping I'd 'cross the line' so he'd have reason to take me in.

I'm not as dumb as I look.

Last edited:

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
That sucks man, nothing gets my blood boiling more than when i get pulled over for nothing, nevermind getting pulled over twice. Sometimes your guilty until proven innocent.

Eh,

I'm sure they deal with lying jerks all the time, so I can see why driving around in a Torch Red Shelby with racing numbers all over it made me look guilty, even though I had done nothing in the first place. I can understand that. I've done my fair share of speeding so in a lot of ways I was pretty much do. Although weaving around cars and passing them 40, 50, or 80 mph faster than they are going is something I prefer not to participate in.

Only thing that really upset me about the whole ordeal was the way the second Trooper was so disrespectful and just totally blasting away at me with profanity, in response to me shrugging my shoulders when he accused me of weaving in and out of traffic based upon a completely baseless phone call by some jealous motorist. I can't say for sure, but something tells me from his demeanor that he was hoping I'd 'cross the line' so he'd have reason to take me in.

I'm not as dumb as I look.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member

From the quick look I had it looked to be a pullied eaton. Great looking car for sure.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
From the quick look I had it looked to be a pullied eaton. Great looking car for sure.

deff a great looking car...I love the gold wheels on the blue.....but rules are rules. the stock class said 6 speed, stock blower and IRS...if the car did in fact have a solid axle thats kind of BS and the owner should know that....

Users who are viewing this thread