Ford Edge ST Announced

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ance-introduces-all-new-2019-edge-st.1153289/

umriz3l5vxrstwv893qw.jpg

20hp and 30 tq more than the Edge Sport. Ford is dropping the Fiesta ST for....this.

Last edited by a moderator:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I saw the teaser of the new Recaro seats, which were cool looking, but for once I have to say this is pretty boring. Those numbers are nothing to write home about, especially for something with a marketing campaign like this and with the Ford Performance name behind it. You're not fooling anyone. We know a 20hp gain is basically a tune away. I expect more from FPG.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I saw the teaser of the new Recaro seats, which were cool looking, but for once I have to say this is pretty boring. Those numbers are nothing to write home about, especially for something with a marketing campaign like this and with the Ford Performance name behind it. You're not fooling anyone. We know a 20hp gain is basically a tune away. I expect more from FPG.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It seems Ford is going the direction Chevrolet did when they slapped the SS badge on everything. I guess this is Ford's HHR SS

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited by a moderator:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
"To earn ST status, the sport suspension was tuned for more damping, and the brakes are larger, especially if you opt for the performance brake package with exposed red 345mm vented rear rotors. In addition to the 20-inch wheels, there are optional 21-inch five-spoke wheels in gloss black, including the cap. Ford will offer a performance summer tire because Ford engineers fully expect some owners to take their Edge ST to the track."

So maybe it will have better damping and brakes versus the outgoing Sport model. Our truck is quite good in that department so any improvement should be welcomed.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the refresh of the outgoing Edge Sport with a new badge. Refresh the front end, slap an ST badge on the truck and add a smidge more power.

I posted in the cafe section and one article did mention a performance braking package. Our Edge Sport has some pretty wicked brakes on it so another improvement would be cool.

They need to lower it more though. Looks higher in the press release than the outgoing model.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
This is a wheel swap and drop away from the perfect DD for me. I guess I know what my MKS replacement is going to be!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Wait 2 years and pay half of what this thing costs new on the used market. The 8 speed upgrade is nice.

That's my plan (unless I go with the '15+ Expedition) and it'll be in black. Have Livernois tune it and hello 12's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My initial response was MEH. But after reading additional info in this Motor Trend Initial Review, I like it...a lot. I love the new "Ford Performance Blue" paint, the red calipers, the improved seats, the new 8-speed transmission, integration of the Waze app, and more.

Ford put more of "sport" features in the ST. My 2016 Edge Sport is really nice, but it is just lacking a bit in the Sport identity. I see the "Sport" as more in the appearance features. So if the price on the ST is near the Sport, I might get an ST in 2 years. We'll see.

I'm anxious to read a performance test, 0-60, with the new 8-speed transmission and additional 20hp.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Be nice if they utilize the CCD suspension like that of the Fusion Sport. Edge Sport rides firm enough as is with the 21s.

Power change isn’t anything drastic. Just uncorked it a little bit more in tuning no doubt. Prob a high 13 sec ride stock. A very conservative bump.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That's my plan (unless I go with the '15+ Expedition) and it'll be in black. Have Livernois tune it and hello 12's.

Dont think youre gonna get 12's with just a tune. I think the fastest out there right now in Sport version is low 13's with more than just a tune. Maybe Livernois will come out with downpipes and a better intercooler to get it under 13.0.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. And how much will they ask for this bucket of meh? Probably some ridiculous amount.

Outgoing Sport models were going from $40k. A fully loaded Edge Sport like my wife drives was $48k.

I think they will keep the same pricing structure since not much has changed. It could top $50k with the optional brakes though depending on what they consist of.

Users who are viewing this thread