Ford Customer service rep on here? Need help

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
But now the bottom left where radio station is goes blank not showing station. But radio still playing.

Does this randomly.
I know this will not be much help... but there was a similar issue with the radio/NAV systems in C6's. Screen would be blank occasionally, but the radio/CD/NAV would still operate. It was a firmware issue which was fixed via a software upgrade to the unit.

U.M.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I know this will not be much help... but there was a similar issue with the radio/NAV systems in C6's. Screen would be blank occasionally, but the radio/CD/NAV would still operate. It was a firmware issue which was fixed via a software upgrade to the unit.

U.M.

Mine is up to date. Already asked about that.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I'd say probably the APIM giving you trouble OP. I'm surprised they haven't had a tech open a hotline request. Usually helps in diagnosing problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the unit would shut off. All sound and acted/looked just like if you pressed the power button.

The finally replaced the apim.
Hasn't powered down yet just now goes blank.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Code for a Radio? Interesting. I work at Nissan and anytime someone has a radio issue we just order a new one. We don't even argue. Cause Bosch and Panasonic make the radios so they send the replacements. Never have any issues.
Same with my wife's old '12 Hyundai Azera. She had an intermittent radio issue and they just replaced it, no questions asked.

I would try another dealer and see if they can do more.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Same with my wife's old '12 Hyundai Azera. She had an intermittent radio issue and they just replaced it, no questions asked.

I would try another dealer and see if they can do more.

So update.
Service manger called me..
Told me he talked to tech. And bc it doesn't have code or malfunction while they have it they can't repair it. I was like look I have multiple videos. And there is clearly a ghost issue here. Have you called and started a report with ford tech/engineer? Said they will do and get back with me.

I have owned this truck for 1.5 years and have 14,000 miles. And has done this 10 or so times. It is a ghost. And have told the dealer this. Hence why I started recording it. I drive this truck after 5 and on the weekends. (Have company truck). I'm tired of it. And don't want it to get worse. So I will make something happen or find another person who will.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Well so basically I have been told that my videos are worthless. And that it MUST act up at dealer.
Issue is it's so spastic they will never catch it. Without keeping my vehicles and driving it thousands of miles.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Well so basically I have been told that my videos are worthless. And that it MUST act up at dealer.
Issue is it's so spastic they will never catch it. Without keeping my vehicles and driving it thousands of miles.
Go to a different dealer. If that doesn't work then call Fords consumer affairs line. Bitch about it enough, they will do something.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
I have a '16 F-150 with 3k miles and had a similar issue a few days ago. I got in the truck to go to work, started it up, and radio screen was completely blank. No backup camera, no radio, no music, nothing. I turned the key off, started again... still nothing. I turned the key off again, opened the door, waited about 1 minute, started it up again.... then it came back.

My truck is the 302A package, with sync3 and the 8" screen (no nav) so this is probably a totally different issue, but if it happens again I will be making a trip to the dealer.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Go to a different dealer. If that doesn't work then call Fords consumer affairs line. Bitch about it enough, they will do something.

I have called 3 times to the CSR line. And said well If it doesn't act up at the dealer.... blah blah blah.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I'm going to call another dealer and talk to them about my issue. Just blows that I have "proof of the issue".

bluestang41505

Established Member
i might be out of my area here, but i know computers a little. Why don't you disconnect the battery, let it cycle the power out and see what happens? Turning your car off does not "turn the power off" to the radio.

YJSONLY

Established Member
i might be out of my area here, but i know computers a little. Why don't you disconnect the battery, let it cycle the power out and see what happens? Turning your car off does not "turn the power off" to the radio.

have done this.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Other dealer: have talked to service writer for 30 years. Told her my issue. Sent videos. Told her the whole scoop. And told me she is going to see what she can come up with. So we shall see.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I totally can understand your frustration. Especially on a 68K vehicle. I would be pissed off as well. Hopefully the new dealership can fix it.
Good luck!!!

YJSONLY

Established Member
Man, I totally can understand your frustration. Especially on a 68K vehicle. I would be pissed off as well. Hopefully the new dealership can fix it.
Good luck!!!

Seems hopeful. She told me I like a challenge. And I use to work at your old dealer.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I just helped our local dealer with this same problem on a new Escape. Nav. unit, radio and all that would go blank. Well their laptop would not read what was going on and they called me to look at the laptop. Took about 15 minutes to get it where it should be to run diagnostics on the Escape. They told me to do it and what areas to go thru. My goodness just to get the codes to show Ford it was an issue took me another 30 - 45 minutes. BUT we finally dug deep enough into I do not know how many levels of diagnostics on the Escape and two codes did finally pop up. Ford tech said, let me take over. Clicked a couple of buttons and the parts needed was ordered from Ford. Parts man verified on the parts computer that they were. Without those two sets of codes Ford said there was nothing wrong with the Escape. I was watching the same issue you were having the Escape was having. But until they could dig deep enough the fault did not happen. Maybe the dealer you are using does not know how to go deep enough to get to the codes. Like I said it took I do not know how many steps before I got codes. It would say does the screen show codes. We told it no and then we went to the following procedures.

Good luck.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I just helped our local dealer with this same problem on a new Escape. Nav. unit, radio and all that would go blank. Well their laptop would not read what was going on and they called me to look at the laptop. Took about 15 minutes to get it where it should be to run diagnostics on the Escape. They told me to do it and what areas to go thru. My goodness just to get the codes to show Ford it was an issue took me another 30 - 45 minutes. BUT we finally dug deep enough into I do not know how many levels of diagnostics on the Escape and two codes did finally pop up. Ford tech said, let me take over. Clicked a couple of buttons and the parts needed was ordered from Ford. Parts man verified on the parts computer that they were. Without those two sets of codes Ford said there was nothing wrong with the Escape. I was watching the same issue you were having the Escape was having. But until they could dig deep enough the fault did not happen. Maybe the dealer you are using does not know how to go deep enough to get to the codes. Like I said it took I do not know how many steps before I got codes. It would say does the screen show codes. We told it no and then we went to the following procedures.

Good luck.

What did they end up replacing?

YJSONLY

Established Member
So last night did it again. I think it is hanging up (going blank screen) screen on 2 particular fm stations. They are "hd stations". Was like this for several minutes about 15 or so. Was running 75mph or so.

2 days ago I talked to another dealer or heard back from them and they want to replace the same part again the previous dealer did.

Users who are viewing this thread