Ford company's new obsession with suing the planet

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
red03cobra said:
The number of lawsuits is actually down compared to the number of commercial transactions and people! I am a lawyer who actually sues people for a living and I have a few decades of experience in this area.

Ford has a bad reputation regarding warranty claims, compared to Chrysler for example. Some may recall I sued Ford for my engine failing at 2600 miles and got a satisfactory resolution!

The Explorer rollover problem was the fault of both Firestone and Ford, due to too small tires, low tire inflation and heat causing tread separation and premature failure. There werre many suits and a recall, as I remember.

Lawyers are not scumbags for trying to assist their clients get justice. In every case the client decides if he wants to sue, settle or go to trial. The client is the boss, so if you disagree with the course of conduct, blame the client who is the principal not the agent who carries out the orders.

Kind of like the nazis....that were "just" following orders :poke: J/K

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
Provided by Ford? They were Firestone tires, Ford had nothing to do with the manufacturing of the tires, they just equipped their vehicles with them. I'm not arguing that Ford has shitty products, but put the blame where it belongs.

Your words (that I put in red) is the reason why FORD was in the wrong. They equipped their vehicles with faulty equipment. Just like the heads on my 03, the TOB tube andTOB, the IAC valve and the bad carpet that causes the gas pedal to stick.

It is FORDS responsibility to make sure thier quality department is checking the incomming vendors equipment and making sure they are inside FORDS specs, and rejecting them if they are not.

And yes Firestone was also to blame.

VPF

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Dude, shut up. I'm sure the guys telepathic ability to know your wifes uncle died was just messed up when he posted that. The fact of the matter is that EVERYONE is sue happy these days.

His statement was asinine. I posted what I did so the poster would know where I was comming from. Not just spewing shit from my mouth because I felt like it.

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
The fact of the matter is that EVERYONE is sue happy these days.

Ain't that the truth! :lol: Ford, however, is really screwing up bad with this mustang trademark thing. It makes absolutely no sense. A lot of these small businesses have been around for years, which basically amounts to free advertising for Ford. Let me write that again in case some of the Ford execs missed it...

FREE ADVERTISING YOU IDIOTS

Not only that, most of them sell FORD PARTS!! It really shows how out of touch they are with their loyal customers and the business world in general. I've tried to avoid knocking Ford too much, but this time I can't help it.

MonkeysL

Established Member
red03cobra said:
Lawyers are not scumbags for trying to assist their clients get justice.

LOL, justice!!!! so who is representing nature in the case against ford for using one of its name's for a natural animal as their vehicle.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
My wifes uncle was one of the people who wrecked becasue of Fords cheap ass ways. He never walked again after his crash. And died at a young age because of it. So FU@K OFF ASSHOLE!

Do us all a favor and put on some crapy ass tires provided by Ford and do the same with your vert.

Ford is a POS company. I bought my car bacuse it was cheap HP and TRQ. Not becasue Ford makes a good product and/or stands behind it.

VPF

I knew that would strike a nerve in someone. Sorry about you're uncle but I'm sure a pretty good percentage of the wrecks were due to crappy drivers. People drive their suv's like racecars, I see it everyday. High center of gravity + kneejerk reaction driving = rollover. Every rollover can't be attributed to the firestone bullshit. If people payed attention more to poorly inflated tires half of this crap probably would not have happened.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Yeah I have heard ford is going down the shitter for a while and maybe this whole suing everybody shit is a last ditch effort to make some quick bank to save themselves.

FBMphil

Established Member
Ok, here's the thing. If Ford does not sue for trademark infringement, then they LOSE the rights to the Mustang name due to it becoming a commonly used word, meaning anyone can sell products with the mustang name.

Another reason could be these aftermarket companies selling shitty knockoffs of FoMoCo products, like wheels, and using the Mustang, Bullitt, FR500, GT500, Cobra, etc. names. When the aftermarket makes shitty products under a Ford name, who does it reflect on? Ford.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Wow... On a SVT/Ford website, Ford is getting slammed... I count one person in this thread 'defending' them?

Ford is definitely screwing up.

beabout

Established Member
Nissan was in the toilet about 5-7 years ago... hired new leadership for the American market... they stopped looking at the stock price on the Japan and US exchanges and started paying more attention to the product... Nissan was turned around and except for some engine issues has recovered.

Ford now is in the toilet and still worries about stock prices (its in the boardroom culture) and cannot even hire a come back leader to save the company from itself... sales are up from last month and barely up from last year for the truck and mustang models (go figure).... :??:

the road ahead seems to be a dead end, just ask the 30K they are letting go...

03CobraBro

Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
Your words (that I put in red) is the reason why FORD was in the wrong. They equipped their vehicles with faulty equipment.

They didnt know until they started putting miles on those tires that they were faulty... Ford was buying in bulk tires from Firestone. Firestone distributed the tires thus it was there responsibility...

Would I be held responsible if I went to a tire shop and had tires put on my car that eventually blew up because I was the one that equipped my car with them?

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
Would I be held responsible if I went to a tire shop and had tires put on my car that eventually blew up because I was the one that equipped my car with them?

No, but the tire shop would be for selling them to you and putting them on your car. Along with the tires manufacturer. Just like FORD and Firestone were. What is so hard to understand?

Here is one for you.....
If orange juice was blue...
Would it still be orange juice???

VPF

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Ford does not own copyrights for Pony or Stang, so they can shove it. Chevy and Dodge are looking more and more attractive every day. At least they make cars with some excitement.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
MoneyPit said:
Most of you probably know by now that Ford and it's scumbag lawyers have recently embarked on a "cease and desist" campaign to force small businesses with "mustang" in their company name to remove it or else face a lawsuit and/or penalties. Here's a link to one of the stories if you haven't heard about this
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...605100302/1003

Now apparently Ford is likely to extend this suing spree to include company names with "Stang" and "Pony" in their title. This is going beyond ridiculous. Ford is picking on these guys cause they know they can't afford lawyer/court fees to fight this, and they are alienating their strongest, most loyal fan base. I'm wondering what the heck Ford execs these days are smoking.

Ford = :kaboom:

this is going on with the chevy crowd too. here in north kansas city there was once a pervayor of classic chevrolet truck parts known as "chevyduty"- they are now called 'classic parts of america" real catchy huh? **** corporate america. they care nothing for us. they just want our $$$

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
Ford does not own copyrights for Pony or Stang, so they can shove it. Chevy and Dodge are looking more and more attractive every day. At least they make cars with some excitement.

The most gay statement I've ever heard.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
All you homos slamming Ford can shove it up you're ass, go move to Japan bunch of flaming gays.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I wonder if Ford's motivation to sue is the advice from counsel that if they continue to allow unrestricted, unlicensed use of "Mustang", that Ford would lose the trademark ownership. It may be the that their actions are to show they are taking action to protect trademark ownership. Any opinions from the legal talent here?

Users who are viewing this thread