Ford company's new obsession with suing the planet

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Most of you probably know by now that Ford and it's scumbag lawyers have recently embarked on a "cease and desist" campaign to force small businesses with "mustang" in their company name to remove it or else face a lawsuit and/or penalties. Here's a link to one of the stories if you haven't heard about this
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...605100302/1003

Now apparently Ford is likely to extend this suing spree to include company names with "Stang" and "Pony" in their title. This is going beyond ridiculous. Ford is picking on these guys cause they know they can't afford lawyer/court fees to fight this, and they are alienating their strongest, most loyal fan base. I'm wondering what the heck Ford execs these days are smoking.

Ford = :kaboom:

SADF

Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
Its okay, I like the new dodges anyway. Wont hurt my feelings when ford drives itself into the ground.

I second that! I like most ford owners never imagined a company making Dodge Status cars would amount to what they have today. Dodge is big and Chevy and Ford are committing suicide. Not only has ford screwed me out of Transmissions, Body Parts, Countless warranty fixes... They screw their own employees. I feel bad for my cousin who just got laid off from the Atlanta plant here. Is father is retired from the plant and he as a baby on the way. Sure, thats just part of business however, the reason ford is shutting plant down goes way back to horrible business decisions and probly screwing all of us.

MonkeysL

Established Member
SADF said:
I second that! I like most ford owners never imagined a company making Dodge Status cars would amount to what they have today. Dodge is big and Chevy and Ford are committing suicide. Not only has ford screwed me out of Transmissions, Body Parts, Countless warranty fixes... They screw their own employees. I feel bad for my cousin who just got laid off from the Atlanta plant here. Is father is retired from the plant and he as a baby on the way. Sure, thats just part of business however, the reason ford is shutting plant down goes way back to horrible business decisions and probly screwing all of us.

agree'd...chevy is actually doing much better now. ford is the one self-destructing.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
yea i'll be switching over to a corvette after i get rid of my mustang, the local dealership here screwed me over on my clutch and tranny, and seeing as how ford is screweing everyone over who has helped their performance get to where it has gotten i have decided that chevy is much better. My mom has a c6 corvette and they wait on her hand and foot whenever she goes to the dealership with problems or routine maintence.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Ford is self destructing.

They'll keep going down. Those nimrods can't figure out how Japan keeps on taking up their market. Duhhhhhhhhhhh

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Stupid people sue Ford after rolling their Explorer's, going 80+ mph and quickly jerking the wheel. It seems they all win huge sums of money over being a crappy driver. Ford can sue whoever they want.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
WHITESVTCOBRA said:
yea i'll be switching over to a corvette after i get rid of my mustang, the local dealership here screwed me over on my clutch and tranny, and seeing as how ford is screweing everyone over who has helped their performance get to where it has gotten i have decided that chevy is much better. My mom has a c6 corvette and they wait on her hand and foot whenever she goes to the dealership with problems or routine maintence.

Same here, I'm seriously considering getting into an FRC instead of an 03/04 Cobra, and I'll keep my 87 Coupe as my street brawler.

It sucks that ford is going down the tubes and attacking its supporters, I guess when they finally cant even give their cars away, they'll get their shit together...

MonkeysL

Established Member
plan b said:
Stupid people sue Ford after rolling their Explorer's, going 80+ mph and quickly jerking the wheel. It seems they all win huge sums of money over being a crappy driver. Ford can sue whoever they want.

:bash: :bash: :bash: wow

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
plan b said:

My wifes uncle was one of the people who wrecked becasue of Fords cheap ass ways. He never walked again after his crash. And died at a young age because of it. So FU@K OFF ASSHOLE!

Do us all a favor and put on some crapy ass tires provided by Ford and do the same with your vert.

Ford is a POS company. I bought my car bacuse it was cheap HP and TRQ. Not becasue Ford makes a good product and/or stands behind it.

VPF

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
plan b said:

:shrug: I don't see the connection. Somebody rolling an SUV and trademark disputes are two completely different things

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
My wifes uncle was one of the people who wrecked becasue of Fords cheap ass ways. He never walked again after his crash. And died at a young age because of it. So FU@K OFF ASSHOLE!

Do us all a favor and put on some crapy ass tires provided by Ford and do the same with your vert.

Ford is a POS company. I bought my car bacuse it was cheap HP and TRQ. Not becasue Ford makes a good product and/or stands behind it.

VPF

Provided by Ford? They were Firestone tires, Ford had nothing to do with the manufacturing of the tires, they just equipped their vehicles with them. I'm not arguing that Ford has shitty products, but put the blame where it belongs.

MonkeysL

Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
Provided by Ford? They were Firestone tires, Ford had nothing to do with the manufacturing of the tires, they just equipped their vehicles with them. I'm not arguing that Ford has shitty products, but put the blame where it belongs.

actually if u wanna get tech. it was fords fault for suggesting the tires run WAY lower psi than the manufacture recommended which was a severe cause in the problems. reason for suggesting the low tire psi, b/c it would make THEIR (Ford's) product seem like it had a more comfortable ride. when u are selling a product u take FULL responsibility for ur product. also it had nothing to do with people's driving skills nor quick turns (the quick turns took place after their tires blew out)

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
actually if u wanna get tech. it was fords fault for suggesting the tires run WAY lower psi than the manufacture recommended which was a severe cause in the problems. reason for suggesting the low tire psi, b/c it would make THEIR (Ford's) product seem like it had a more comfortable ride. when u are selling a product u take FULL responsibility for ur product. also it had nothing to do with people's driving skills nor quick turns (the quick turns took place after their tires blew out)

How much lower are we talking about? It would have to be a pretty significant amount to cause the problems they were having, wasnt the problems from the way the tires were made?

MonkeysL

Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
How much lower are we talking about? It would have to be a pretty significant amount to cause the problems they were having, wasnt the problems from the way the tires were made?

no, it was caused from over heating in the tread, which was caused from the speed + low psi being run. when it go so hot the tread would come right off, causing a blow out. ford had even put lil sticker on their side windows at the bottom saying the suggested psi to run (by Ford) i can't remember exactly so don't quote me but i believe it was suggested by ford to run 32psi and firestone recommended 45psi.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:

VPF

Dude, shut up. I'm sure the guys telepathic ability to know your wifes uncle died was just messed up when he posted that. The fact of the matter is that EVERYONE is sue happy these days.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
The number of lawsuits is actually down compared to the number of commercial transactions and people! I am a lawyer who actually sues people for a living and I have a few decades of experience in this area.

Ford has a bad reputation regarding warranty claims, compared to Chrysler for example. Some may recall I sued Ford for my engine failing at 2600 miles and got a satisfactory resolution!

The Explorer rollover problem was the fault of both Firestone and Ford, due to too small tires, low tire inflation and heat causing tread separation and premature failure. There werre many suits and a recall, as I remember.

Lawyers are not scumbags for trying to assist their clients get justice. In every case the client decides if he wants to sue, settle or go to trial. The client is the boss, so if you disagree with the course of conduct, blame the client who is the principal not the agent who carries out the orders.

Users who are viewing this thread