Ford Bronco Overload | 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: This Is It

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Fair enough. When I talk about off roading, I am normally implying the common off-roading people are doing like some rock crawling and mountainous trails that are both real muddy and filled with rocks.

desert racing and ultra 4 type off-roading really no one is doing except the people that get paid to do it.

I think for the majority of people who off-road, and especially the vast majority of people who buy these things, IFS is going to be a better setup.

It's not just the 1% of guys who will need a solid axle, it's 10% of that 1%. A lot of my friends frequently wheel out here in CO and Moab, they weren't willing to push a $40k Jeep to the point that having a solid axle was necessary, so they have mostly ended up with significantly better road mannerism 4 runners.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
the base model and top of the line model both have solid front axles. The base model has had a Dana 30 axle up front and a Dana 35 axle in the rear. The top of the line model, the rubicon, comes with Dana 44 axle up front and I’m not sure about the rear. All the front axles are solid though.
I was not aware that the axle was the only component of suspension.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
We’re not talking about shocks and springs, the issue has been the ifs vs solid axle. Try and keep up.
Don’t be obtuse. That all goes into the setup of both systems. Trying to pigeonhole the argument to that one issue is asinine and your condescending remarks make you look like a fool.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My guess is that they are going after similar performance to the King Of The Hammers off roaders. The shit those buggies are doing with IFS really opened my eyes.

I was a solid axle only kinf of guy, but after seeing some KotH videos IFS can definitely make a hell of an off road rig.

blk02edge

Established Member
More clearance, more suspension travel, the ability for the tires to not shock the opposite side and keep firm pressure on the ground without bouncing, the ability to go FAST, no god awful ride quality... I cant wait to see the aftermarket on the Bronco. Will be good.
images.jpeg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The new STs drive much nicer than the older Sports, not even comparable in my book. I jumped in them back to back to back and always found the newer STs to be more impressive.

Ford didn't do it, because they have to pass emissions testing, reliability testing, etc etc etc. It's in the manufacturer's best interest to 'de-tune' vehicles when they come to production. It's not in their best interest to push vehicles out that are near their limits. Secondly, if manufacturers pushed out vehicles that were at their limits, it would cause quite the stir in the aftermarket world.

The seats should be a no brainer. Yes, more side bolster is great, and for a limited driver it makes sense...but for one that someone is going to daily drive, the side bolster would get worn incredibly fast and need replacing.

Ford offers track/street packages for both the Explorer and Edge ST to upgrade the brakes.

Disagree. The Edge ST is basically a warmed over Edge Sport. The Explorer ST is a big upgrade over the Explorer Sport.

Have to take into consideration that they may be targeting the overland crowd more so than the crawler crowd, which if I'm not mistaken, pretty much all of the overlanders are all IFS. So maybe they were trying to hit multiple target audiences with this but not even the last gen Broncos, the 1995 I have, has a solid front axle and people make them work for all kinds of applications. I dont see it as anything to get hung up on really. If it doesn't fit your need for crawling then go buy the Wrangler but those types of consumers aren't going to make up enough of the buying base to keep the Bronco around.

Bingo.

Lies.

Just because YOU are not into it, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

SAS is the Carburetor of the truck world.

Lots of debate on the Tacoma forums about SAS vs Long Travel builds, and unless you're building a dedicated, trailered Mud Pig, LT is the way to go.

And as been said to death, "most" people mall crawl so highway manners, gas mileage and ride comfort are top priorities.

I'm not defending Ford's new Bronco, it's just a re-bodied Ranger. We already know the ancient Tacoma out performance the Ranger.

Logic would then indicate the 4Runner would then also out perform the Bronco. Scary thing will be if the Bronco is priced like a 4Runner (aka $40-50k).

The Bronco suspension is much closer to the Ranger Raptor than the standard Ranger.

@13COBRA Any hints on if we will ever see a compression ignition option in these Broncos?

Not unless you build it yourself. But if you do, let me know. I'd like to cover it on the site.

Bensin

Established Member
So they "leaked" the spypics a week before the great reveal to get the internet work the magic, and then just like that Corona taking over the show for the next months. Cant wait for the great june/july reveal.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
They could delay the reveal for forever as far as I am concerned, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I am expecting it to be a big yawn fest

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They could delay the reveal for forever as far as I am concerned, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I am expecting it to be a big yawn fest

Because all you ever do is complain about everything. You and SSSSSSSSVT or whatever his name is sound like the same person... and curiously enough you both seemed to have started posting regularly around the same time.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Because all you ever do is complain about everything. You and SSSSSSSSVT or whatever his name is sound like the same person... and curiously enough you both seemed to have started posting regularly around the same time.

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to block me. you won't hurt my feelings

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to block me. you won't hurt my feelings

I don't block people. I'd rather let you know that your opinions suck and members are going to get more and more annoyed with the same shit responses from you when they start to equate your name to constant negative posts and bitching until you end up with your own SD thread someday. Just a heads up for what's to come.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I don't block people. I'd rather let you know that your opinions suck and members are going to get more and more annoyed with the same shit responses from you when they start to equate your name to constant negative posts and bitching until you end up with your own SD thread someday. Just a heads up for what's to come.

Oh well, that's too bad if you and a few others don't like what I have to say. I say what is on my mind and I tell it like it is. When Ford comes out with a product I like at a reasonable price that the average person can afford, I'll be happy to sing it's praises all day long, until then....Your opinion is of little consequence to me. Don't worry about me, if you feel the need to start a thread about me in SD please feel free to do so, I really don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread