Ford Announced It Will Phase Out Every Car Except Mustang And Focus Active

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Really surprised they aren’t at least keeping the Fusion as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vortecd

Established Member
heck with the SHO, I would rather get the Fusion with the 2.7 twin turbo. There is one running at the track here with a tune mid 12's. Plus a lot less money

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
The whole point of the Ecoboost series of engines has been to develop the technology to get the fuel economy better. Add what they've learned from Ecoboost to a hybrid drivetrain and the whole truck/CUV/SUV thing becomes way more feasible.

This is exactly what is going on...If the gas mileage is comparable between a Fusion and a CUV, Ford is saying most consumers will buy the CUV. Now that the technology is there Ford is dumping the cars and expanding the Truck/CUV/SUV lines which are more profitable. They are completely banking on this plan.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Ford hurt the Fiesta and Focus market with that God awful shuttering automatic they threw in them. I'm really surprised they're not keeping the focus though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
Guess the cop car market is now in Dodge hands with the charger? In the mean time anyways.

Only seen one Sheriff agency use a Chevy whatever for their squad cars. The rest have been Taurus, old Crown vics and Chargers.

Any LEOs like the Taurus? I know from talking with PBSO years ago they were trying to hold onto the vics until they died.

State patrol and most city cops use the explorer thing here with a few caprices and Tahoes.

Dusten

Established Member
Ford already has a kick ass RWD platform in the Mustang. Make a 4 door version on the same platform and call it the Fusion/Taurus/Lincoln whatever...

Personally, screw retro styling and take the Mustang truly back to its roots. Make a smaller, more affordable base commuter Mustang and level it up from there. The car is so popular because it was so cheap to get into V8 performance. The reason it was cheap? They sold millions of plain Jane commuter 4cylinder cars that got good gas mileage but still looked good.

The american rwd sedan market is a small percentage of new car sales. There was a whole thread debating r&d cost vs expected profit.

Basically its a terrible ****ing idea

Dusten

Established Member
My Daytona was over 50k and with a little money down my payment is $450
With a very long term or a lot down.

0% interest for 60 months. A $450 payment is a $28,000 loan.

Say you put 10% down. Which covers taxes and an additional 3% most places. So you financed 48,500 to get that to $450 you had go 108 months or 9 years.

Either your idea of a small down is off or you're a liar....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I hope it's going up. I own some & I've been in the red for a while now.
I got lucky and bought 900 shares at just under 6 bucks. I bought another 100 at 10 something. I plan to buy another 500 or so depending on what it does over the next few days.

Depends on your address, taxes, etc. The last one I did had an MSRP of $49,895 and his payment over 24 months was $615.67 with no money down, no trade, etc. That was with all taxes and everything.
On a $50,000 car it is.
that is NOT next to nothing no matter how expensive the car is. even when I could afford that much a month as a car payment there was no way I was going to do it.

Ford hurt the Fiesta and Focus market with that God awful shuttering automatic they threw in them. I'm really surprised they're not keeping the focus though.
I had a 2012 and didn't have the trans issue. but then rumor was it didn't develop until after 20k miles. When I traded it in on my Escape it had just over 20k on it. I took a bath because the rep was already made and trade in sucked. but the car was paid off at least. The fact that the reputation has been ruined is probably why they are not keeping either one.

The american rwd sedan market is a small percentage of new car sales. There was a whole thread debating r&d cost vs expected profit.
I would not be surprised to see ford continue some R&D on one or two sedans. Slower development but enough they could bring it to market fairly quickly if they had to because of market conditions.

earl lee

Established Member
When I first read this I was like oh shit, guess they going to merge with FCA. This sounds like a move right out of old Sergio's playbook.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Depends on your address, taxes, etc. The last one I did had an MSRP of $49,895 and his payment over 24 months was $615.67 with no money down, no trade, etc. That was with all taxes and everything.
You said cheap. That's not a cheap lease payment, sir.

Dusten

Established Member
What did I miss? He said $6XX payment in response to me asking what a 0 down lease payment would be since he said they lease cheap.
I guess he should've phrased it better.

Also a zero down near will have a significantly higher payment than with cash at closing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You said cheap. That's not a cheap lease payment, sir.

It's cheap compared to the MSRP of the leased vehicle. If you were to buy the same car, a 60 month note would put you at $770-800, and 72 month note would put you at $680-700. Both of those payments would not include taxes, titling or licensing, while the lease does. If you include just the sales tax in my area it would bump them to $850-870 and $730-750.

Then with the lease you obviously will be under factory warranty, you wouldn't have to put tires on it, etc etc etc.

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's cheap compared to the MSRP of the leased vehicle. If you were to buy the same car, a 60 month note would put you at $770-800, and 72 month note would put you at $680-700. Both of those payments would not include taxes, titling or licensing, while the lease does. If you include just the sales tax in my area it would bump them to $850-870 and $730-750.

Then with the lease you obviously will be under factory warranty, you wouldn't have to put tires on it, etc etc etc.
We have different ideas of cheap. My idea of a cheap lease is my Jetta $169 a mo. ;)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have different ideas of cheap. My idea of a cheap lease is my Jetta $169 a mo. ;)

If that was the case, you wouldn't have been checking on a lease number for a ZL1.

But if you just want to throw out objections for the fun of it, have at it.

Never_Enough

Established Member
If that was the case, you wouldn't have been checking on a lease number for a ZL1.

But if you just want to throw out objections for the fun of it, have at it.
Seriously? You aren't getting it. The ZL1 would be my toy, not a daily beater like the Jetta...

Users who are viewing this thread