Ford Announced It Will Phase Out Every Car Except Mustang And Focus Active

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'd hate to see the Fusion discontinued. Wife has a new one, it's a lot of car for the money.
I tried to talk her into a loaded F-150 this time instead. But coming from having a Taurus prior ( which also was a great car ), she wanted another car.

Famine

Established Member
I hate to see the Fusion go. The one thing that I think personally has turned people off to buying some of these sedans is the lack of room in them. I remember when the Taurus SHO came out a few years back, I wanted one! Then I sat in it, and I no longer wanted it. Granted, I am over 6 feet tall, but what struck me to be even more shocking was the newer generation Fusion had as much legroom as the Taurus did, or at least I felt it did.

So, we bought the Fusion, had a kid, then had another on the way a couple years later. We could no longer comfortably fit a family of four in a sedan. So, we bought an Edge with a ton of room in it.

Just my thoughts on why they don't sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should have used the seat adjustments. My buddy test drove our sho and hes like 6'6" and was comfortable. Thing i dont like about it is where youre far enough back that the wind kinda just comes in constantly to your eyes with the windows down.

My worry is gas prices. They seem to be on the rise currently. I paid 70 bucks in e85 for my truck yesterday which is unheard of around here.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
He said we decided on the cost

I pointed out he asked about a zero down lease on the sho.
Yes & Nick never gave this uber cheap price. I was simply curious b/c I'd try to ditch Jetta for a new SHO lease if also stupid cheap like he said.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Theyre selling far too many Navigators now.

Once the Aviator hits we will see them everywhere as well.

You're probably right. I can't wait for Lincoln to release the new Aviator! I don't even like big SUVs, but I want to buy the Aviator. I can already imagine my wife driving up the driveway in it after work. That thing is freaking gorgeous! I see a lot of conquest sales happening.

Osiris

Established Member
You're probably right. I can't wait for Lincoln to release the new Aviator! I don't even like big SUVs, but I want to buy the Aviator. I can already imagine my wife driving up the driveway in it after work. That thing is freaking gorgeous! I see a lot of conquest sales happening.
We picked up a '17 MKZ BL with the 3.0 and AWD not long ago. Paid more than 23k less than what it sold for new earlier that year....LOVE it, btw...And that Aviator looks amazing!

I can certainly see why Ford is considering this. The resale dip is nowhere near that much in SUVs and crossovers.

Ford also just about replaced the Mustang with the Probe...so by all means, let's all keep bitching...hopefully they change their minds! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'm sure Ford won't leave this segment forever. I
Ford also just about replaced the Mustang with the Probe...so by all means, let's all keep bitching...hopefully they change their minds! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ah yes, I remember that quite well.

noco5.0

Established Member
You said cheap. That's not a cheap lease payment, sir.

Lol 600 plus to lease a Ford Taurus that's horrible no wonder they are killing it. You can lease a Hellcat Charger for about the same. Wonder which one would be more fun? What's the residual value percentage on the Taurus?

Dusten

Established Member
Lol 600 plus to lease a Ford Taurus that's horrible no wonder they are killing it. You can lease a Hellcat Charger for about the same. Wonder which one would be more fun? What's the residual value percentage on the Taurus?
Low. They ****ing have awful resale

Klay

Established Member
Not so sure I think this is a great move. I can see getting rid of the fiesta since margins have always been thin for this class of vehicle. I can also see getting rid of the taurus since it doesnt sell all that great. The fusion and focus though don't make sense to me. I know they are making a focus active but why ged rid of the other trim levels? Why not just add the active trim level and keep the hatch and sedan for now? Same with the fusion, add the white space type trim level they mentioned but keep the sedan too. They should help cost a bit since it would be shared on a platform.

vortecd

Established Member
With a very long term or a lot down.

0% interest for 60 months. A $450 payment is a $28,000 loan.

Say you put 10% down. Which covers taxes and an additional 3% most places. So you financed 48,500 to get that to $450 you had go 108 months or 9 years.

Either your idea of a small down is off or you're a liar....

stated it wrong, Dodge has lots of incentives so my 50k MSRP car wasn't that much. We also got 9k in incentives on our '18 Challenger R/T

Dusten

Established Member
stated it wrong, Dodge has lots of incentives so my 50k MSRP car wasn't that much. We also got 9k in incentives on our '18 Challenger R/T

Thats like me saying I have a $482 payment on my $73,000 suoer duty... Sounds good, but I'm leaving a ton of info out... Like the fact I only financed 31k

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
To me this a a bad move, when, not if gas prices skyrocket Ford will wish they had some small fuel efficient cars to sell. Also most of them are made outside the country, so I guess they could still import them in short order. I worked for Ford for 47 years and they make mistakes all the time, like someone said they almost replaced the Mustang with a Probe ! Many times it's a bad CEO, they had some real losers over the years. It's a very competitive business out there, I hope it works out for them this time.

Users who are viewing this thread