For those who wish to be patriotic

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i think his heart is in the right place, but almost impossible to accomplish like many have said....

sent from dell work computer, in my ford crown vic

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Really guys, I'm not one of the Dale's but we should be looking for USA products when we can, right?

Of course it's just not always pracitcal. I will say though I refuse to buy produce from anywhere but the U.S. just because of the leniency they have in other countries with farming fertilizers/chemicals compared to here. Honestly not even sure if this is true but it's what i've always been told and for whatever reason it stuck with me

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
It's simple, buy American, made in the USA means something.

It may cost you a few dollars more and you will likely have to search for the products but this is important, make an effort. With non necessity items, forgo the purchase, stop feeding the machine. This is not a democrat or republican or conservative or liberal thing, it affects all of us.

Walmart is not your friend, neither are the multitudes of retailers that push sweatshop labor products from over seas, please stop buying this garbage.

We can fix this but it will take folks voting with their dollars.

Really guys, I'm not one of the Dale's but we should be looking for USA products when we can, right?

Yes, buying American made products where and when possible is a good practice. However many are uniformed about how much money in goods we buy from China. I often see people bad mouth Walmart and how we spend so much money on Chinese made goods purchased there. Check this out...

U.M.

From an October article via the Motley Fool entitled "3 Misconceptions That Need to Die".

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ed-to-die.aspx

Fact: Just 2.7% of personal consumption expenditures go to Chinese-made goods and services. 88.5% of U.S. consumer spending is on American-made goods and services.

I used that statistic in an article last week, and the response from readers was overwhelming: Hogwash. People just didn't believe it.

A common rebuttal I got was, "How can it only be 2.7% when almost everything in Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT ) is made in China?" Because Wal-Mart's $260 billion in U.S. revenue isn't exactly reflective of America's $14.5 trillion economy. Wal-Mart might sell a broad range of knickknacks, many of which are made in China, but the vast majority of what Americans spend their money on is not knickknacks.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics closely tracks how an average American spends their money in an annual report called the Consumer Expenditure Survey. In 2010, the average American spent 34% of their income on housing, 13% on food, 11% on insurance and pensions, 7% on health care, and 2% on education. Those categories alone make up nearly 70% of total spending, and are comprised almost entirely of American-made goods and services (only 7% of food is imported, according to the USDA).

Even when looking at physical goods alone, Chinese imports still account for just a small fraction of U.S. spending. Just 6.4% of nondurable goods -- things like food, clothing and toys -- purchased in the U.S. are made in China; 76.2% are made in America. For durable goods -- things like cars and furniture -- 12% are made in China; 66.6% are made in America.
Another way to grasp the value of Chinese-made goods is to look at imports. The U.S. is on track to import $340 billion worth of goods from China this year, which is 2.3% of our $14.5 trillion economy. Is that a lot? Yes. Is it most of what we spend our money on? Not by a long shot.

Part of the misconception is likely driven by the notion that America's manufacturing base has been in steep decline. The truth, surprising to many, is that real manufacturing output today is near an all-time high. What's dropped precipitously in recent decades is manufacturing employment. Technology and automation has allowed American manufacturers to build more stuff with far fewer workers than in the past. One good example: In 1950, a U.S. Steel (NYSE: X ) plant in Gary, Ind., produced 6 million tons of steel with 30,000 workers. Today, it produces 7.5 million tons with 5,000 workers. Output has gone up; employment has dropped like a rock.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Oh, the irony

eghabjbf-1.gif

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Biggest problem is finding goods that ARE made in the USA. I do try whenever I can. But, just as an illustration, my wife and I were grocery shopping for fish and we could not find one fish item in the frozen foods section that came from the US. Every one of them were from China or Vietnam. :dw:

aaandht

Established Member
Biggest problem is finding goods that ARE made in the USA. I do try whenever I can. But, just as an illustration, my wife and I were grocery shopping for fish and we could not find one fish item in the frozen foods section that came from the US. Every one of them were from China or Vietnam. :dw:

And I wouldn't buy it.

If its something I don't NEED at that moment and I can't find it USA made. I don't buy it. I'll go home, research it and if I can, buy the USA made product.

A funny notion you mention. Pay a few bucks more for a product USA made. I have found American made products cheaper and much better. There is a USA made Under armor-like company(Polar something), their stuff sells for half the price of UA and is just as good if not better. Why buy UA? For the name? F that.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Possibly he's in the military stationed over seas? If you checked my server it would say Europe as well. I am very much an American though.

Umm no. This website is hosted in Europe, hence he's not using only American products by posting here.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what are you gonna tell me next, that i shouldn't buy from citgo because they support al quiada? bullshit factless e-mail chain letters FTW!!!

*is apparently unpatriotic*

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
This "buy American" shit is some of the most UN-American drivel spewed.

There's nothing patriotic about buying strictly American. There's plenty of nationalism in buying strictly American.

If buying American is so patriotic in that it helps our failing economy; why don't we just end all trade with foreign countries and watch our economy explode!?

Go learn about true unfettered free-market capitalism. That's what made America prosperous, that's what made America great.

The Ayn Rand Institute: Buy American is UN-American

aaandht

Established Member
This "buy American" shit is some of the most UN-American drivel spewed.

There's nothing patriotic about buying strictly American. There's plenty of nationalism in buying strictly American.

If buying American is so patriotic in that it helps our failing economy; why don't we just end all trade with foreign countries and watch our economy explode!?

Go learn about true unfettered free-market capitalism. That's what made America prosperous, that's what made America great.

The Ayn Rand Institute: Buy American is UN-American

Generally...the American made product is made better.

Plus, I don't support slave-like working conditions. Thus, I don't purchase products from Chinese makers(Namely Apple). Am I unpatriotic because I choose not to support a communist country?

Users who are viewing this thread