? for those who traded from a 11-12 for 13

nocobrafornow

Established Member
hey guys i was wondering how your trade went. maybe my example will help with my ?.
so i drove by my local dealership and they had a "gotta have it green" gt out front and i stopped to look at and was just beautiful, but was a manual and because of my back surgeries i need and auto like my 11. well i didn't realize how much the prices had increased so much. when i got my 11 i paid 32000 otd and it's a premium with auto and i believe the msrp 35000. ok so he found the car i wanted in a base model auto but had a security and tech/sync package the green is 495 and something else anyway the msrp was 33,900. they said they would do invoice but since they had to pick it up it would be 1200 extra. to shorten the story they said they would give me 23,500 which i thought was low. i mean it's a kona blue premium auto gt i got it 17 months ago and it only has 10000 miles and other that 1 small scratch on the front cover, the car is perfect. can you guys give me some ideas, do i think it's worth more than it is, is it wrong to feel that i'm trading in a perfect premium car for a base and still have to add 7881.00 on top of my car. if thats what they want then there's no deal i won't give my car away it's paid for. i hope this made sence and any help would be much appreciated. David

alex12gt

Established Member
You could always try a different dealer.....if one dealed can get it im sure another could

DIB5.0

Established Member
My Premium '11 auto traded for 26k with 5000 miles. Bought my '13 for invoice.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Damn, was thinking about trading my 11 with 35,000 miles but these trade in prices are making this a no deal for me.

Tucker

the 13's are actually $150 cheaper than the 11's

I got 26k for my 11 premium on trade, low, but their 3 model years old now.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
The downside for you is the market is flooded with 11-12 gt's and they dont hold value such as a boss or shelby. Only downside to ever buying a gt is you will never get your money back on one. Just keep the one you have and mod it.

lukem80

Established Member
lay off the crack pipe man! how many mustangs does this make since I've known you?

atleast a few foxbodies, mach1, a 07ish GT, 11 GT.......

I'm not a big fan of gotta have it gay. I guess they are ok for the 'tuners' here to own and promote their businesses/modifications with... but for a grown man to ride around in??? i don't know

IMO!

ViciousJay

Established Member
lay off the crack pipe man! how many mustangs does this make since I've known you?

I'm not a big fan of gotta have it gay. I guess they are ok for the 'tuners' here to own and promote their businesses/modifications with... but for a grown man to ride around in??? i don't know

IMO!
:lol::lol::lol:

5.0jake

Established Member
OP,
I got $25k for my base model in trade with 16k miles:)
They had to transport my new GT for me too and charged me nothing.
Go to a different dealer.

lukem80

Established Member
OP,

Bigger cities with more choices/more money flowing usually have better deals. Our dealership has 4 2013 GTs in stock and thats all they'll get unless someone orders a special one.

Hell... they want $70,000 for a LS Boss in the showroom LMAO

nocobrafornow

Established Member

IMO!

shut up Luke you don't know anything. and if you must know i think just 11 since i've known you, but my 11 makes 25 or 26 and that doesn't include the ones i had 2 different times. as for the green i'll admit the pictues didn't do much for me, but Gilmore had one out front so i looked at it and it looks great.
thanks to everyone else who commented. i'm probably going to call Terry today.
Lukw we need to meet up i still haven't seen the new car yet?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
OP,

yeah that one of the things that i couldn't figure out, they only wanted to give 23,500 for mine and wanted to give me invoice but charge 1200 to transport it. then call back and said they could order one but would be 500 over invoice.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
Bigger cities with more choices/more money flowing usually have better deals. Our dealership has 4 2013 GTs in stock and thats all they'll get unless someone orders a special one.

Hell... they want $70,000 for a LS Boss in the showroom LMAO

are you talking about the black 12 model? if so Stivers owner bought it only to sell it for more. he wanted 84,000 4 months ago. and i,m not going back to them because he told me that the deal i got on my 11 was too low, some one accepted my offer who should have some crap like that. but he told me not to come back not even for warranty stuff.

lukem80

Established Member
are you talking about the black 12 model? if so Stivers owner bought it only to sell it for more. he wanted 84,000 4 months ago. and i,m not going back to them because he told me that the deal i got on my 11 was too low, some one accepted my offer who should have some crap like that. but he told me not to come back not even for warranty stuff.

yeah Stivers man.. I thought you bought yours from there. they have a green boss now and a regular green GT out front.. didn't know Gilmore even had a green one!

You wanna sell anything off your old car before you trade it in!!! :rolling:

I've owned 3 mustangs in the last 8 years!!! LOL :poke:

IA Shelby

Established Member
yeah Stivers man.. I thought you bought yours from there. they have a green boss now and a regular green GT out front.. didn't know Gilmore even had a green one!

You wanna sell anything off your old car before you trade it in!!! :rolling:

I've owned 3 mustangs in the last 8 years!!! LOL :poke:

Are you guys talking about Stivers in waukee? If so they will never ever see a dollar of my money after the way the treated the special needs kid. They should have their franchise pulled by Ford.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
why do you want to trade in your perfectly good premium 11 GT for a base 2013? Your 11 is even kona blue... the best color available for these cars.

i mean its your money but adding your cars trade in value + 10k+ for a base model car seems kinda a lot. when you have a perfectly good kona blue 5.0

JimD

Established Member
Keep the one you have now and make it your own. When the 2014 1/2-2015's come out the 13's will be worrth nothing. You can't keep up with new tech. I am pretty new here but I love my 2012 and will continue to make it my own.:beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Keep the one you have now and make it your own. When the 2014 1/2-2015's come out the 13's will be worrth nothing. You can't keep up with new tech. I am pretty new here but I love my 2012 and will continue to make it my own.:beer:
14-15 will be a world car and the designs weve seen couldn't out run ugly. I can assure most this is the last body style ill buy until the next one is retired

Last edited:

mike.b

Established Member
i can't imagine buying two new mustang gt's in 2 years....seems like a HUGE financial mistake to me.

Users who are viewing this thread