For those who have tinted windows, do you highly recommend ceramic over regular tint?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Ceramic!

Don't skimp on an extra $100.00, plus tax

And ceramic doesn't determine how dark or light it will be just fyi.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IDK..

I bought the hybrid tint at the legal limit - 12 years later and no bubbles.. silll looks as good as the day it was put on. The guy who did it was very skilled.. shop owner. Did it all by hand and quite impressive to me.
My installer (and shop owner), is pretty skilled, based on reviews. He, as well, does it all by hand. No templates. His Cobra tint looked really good.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Ceramic is massively worth it. Once we got my wife’s escape done I would never go back to normal tint. Finding an installer who can make it look OE is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Would you mind sharing the name of the tint shop?
Sure. Prime Tinting.

I've changed my mind about the windshield tint. I found a product, Sticker Shield, that allows me to mount my EZ-Pass transponder on the windshield without harming the tint film. Since I'm doing 35% on the side windows and rear window, I think I'll go with 50% on the windshield.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The only vehicle I have that's tinted is my Mustang, because it's still illegal in Iowa and I don't want to be hassled in my daily drivers. I went with non-ceramic because it sits inside most of the time and when I do drive it, it's almost always with the windows down. If I were to tint a DD, it would definitely be with ceramic. The shop I use, uses XPEL brand.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Just another vote for ceramic for the same reasons stated by everybody else.

When I did my first ceramic many years ago, I was very pleased at the amount of heat it cuts.

Worth it in my book.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For sure worth it.

Have 15% sides and back and 50% windshield on both vehicles.
I toyed with going 15%-20% on the sides but in Connecticut it's not legal. Given my vehicle and my age (LOL) I'm not expecting to be hassled about my tint, but going with 35% sides/rear and 50% windshield should keep me safe.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I toyed with going 15%-20% on the sides but in Connecticut it's not legal. Given my vehicle and my age (LOL) I'm not expecting to be hassled about my tint, but going with 35% sides/rear and 50% windshield should keep me safe.
If anyone hassles you just tell them you're CobraBob and you'll be good to go.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
200w.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If anyone hassles you just tell them you're CobraBob and you'll be good to go.
Hey Bob, how are you doing my friend? Hope all is well in San Diego. My wife and I miss it. We really enjoyed our vacation there.

Most police departments don't hassle those who have tint, covered plates, no front plates, etc. One reason why I'm not concerned about doing my windshield. I do have a close friend who is a Sergeant on our town police department, as well. (y)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yes. I like it because it gives max heat rejection, and it actually easier to see through compared to non ceramic.

My Geo Metro has a subpar AC (OK, so the whole car is subpar, but I digress). It's like driving around in a fishbowl with the amount of glass it has. Here in the south, the AC was having a hard time keeping up. Did 15% on doors, 5% back seat/hatch, and 50% on windshield.

Not only do I look like a gangster, but the AC keeps up on fan speed two, in most cases.

I've done nothing but ceramic for the last 12 plus years on all my vehicles.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@TAF, you're so right about the skill of the installer being a key to happiness with the job. That's always what's at the top of my list when I check into new contractors and vendors.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
I'm thinking of doing ceramic on my Raptor. All the windows plus the sunroof. I thought I heard somewhere in the past that if you have ceramic tint and polarized glasses, you'll get some ghosting/rainbow effect. Is that true? I wear polarized sunglasses to try to cut down on the glare since I get lots of headaches.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hey Bob, how are you doing my friend? Hope all is well in San Diego. My wife and I miss it. We really enjoyed our vacation there.

Most police departments don't hassle those who have tint, covered plates, no front plates, etc. One reason why I'm not concerned about doing my windshield. I do have a close friend who is a Sergeant on our town police department, as well. (y)
You're good then. All of my windows are tinted. But I don't have them limo dark. Just enough to get down the sun.

You'll have to come out again sometime, but in October so you can meet Glenn.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm thinking of doing ceramic on my Raptor. All the windows plus the sunroof. I thought I heard somewhere in the past that if you have ceramic tint and polarized glasses, you'll get some ghosting/rainbow effect. Is that true? I wear polarized sunglasses to try to cut down on the glare since I get lots of headaches.

Ceramic on my Mustang and I always wear polarized glasses. I haven’t noticed anything weird

01yellercobra

Established Member
That might depend on the tint. I have regular tint on my vehicles and would get a little rainbow affect with my polarized sunglasses. They were Oakleys if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread