For those on the edge of the Whipple 2.9

builtarmyofone

Established Member
My objective when buying this car was to see what the car would dyno at in stock form, then add just a supercharger too see how it would react. Keep in mind I only added the 2.9 with the 123mm CAI and 72lb injectors. I am still using the stock exhaust, TB, and pulleys. Cars base dyno runs were at 430rwhp. After the install and a tune from Jon Lund, the car put down 600rwhp. 170rwhp increase with just one bolt on is insane. Keep in mind its only pushing 14psi. Next up is exhaust followed with the TB, then the boost will increase. I am thoroughly impressed with these cars every day and their potential. There is not another vehicle out there in this price range that can compare. Special thanks to the Lethal Camp and Jon Lund and the whole GT500 community. Here are a couple recent pics of the setup.

exterior_pic1.jpg

engine_pic1.jpg

kent1

Established Member
That is great for just one mod. These blowers are monsters at making horsepower. I have been looking at the same blower that you just installed. What are your goals horsepower wise for your car. The car will be quiet with just the stock exhuast. What exhaust system are you going with and TB? Car looks great!

builtarmyofone

Established Member
I just ordered the Dynatech headers w/catted x-pipe. I am also putting on the Magnaflow axleback setup. I think it will just be the sound I am looking for. I will be putting on the L&M TB after that. I will be putting the car on the dyno after each item to see how the car reacts. Goal is around 700rwhp

kent1

Established Member
I personally like the dynatech headers and the horsepower and torque are excellent. What is the size of the pulley on the Whipple 2.9 and are you going to stay with it or get a smaller pulley. Are you going to get the lower pulley?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
That's great!!! I too am looking Into a whipple 2.9 upgrade with supporting mods...

I wonder what she would put down with your current mods at 16lbs of boost......

What pulley size on the whipple 2.9 would fit the stock belt??

tktlwyr

Established Member
I recently put down 508 RWHP on a Mustang dyno with my 2010 (pulley, tune and L&M TB). Other than that, the car is stock.

Next up for me is a very similar 2.9 Whipple set up (3.0" pulley, 123mm CAI, 72lb injectors, dual Boost-A-Pump). Install should be next month sometime. I look forward to comparing the numbers.

Good luck with your build!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I have a 2.875 upper pulley and a 10% over drive lower pulley going on mine soon. The 2.9 is a great blower.

srk1959

Established Member
I have a 2.875 upper pulley and a 10% over drive lower pulley going on mine soon. The 2.9 is a great blower.

That"s the combo (2.875 X 10%) I run the most. I have tried the 2.75 but 25- 26lbs boost is a little much for the street. With that combo the supercharger whines even going along at 30-40 mph. Everyone looks.

Good luck once you get them installed, it's a lot of power. Not even the 345/18 M/T's can hook it. I'm going with the 15" rear this year.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I just ordered the Dynatech headers w/catted x-pipe. I am also putting on the Magnaflow axleback setup. I think it will just be the sound I am looking for. I will be putting on the L&M TB after that. I will be putting the car on the dyno after each item to see how the car reacts. Goal is around 700rwhp

may as well add the L/M Plenum while your at it:beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Nothing new to type about and some are getting around to modding their cars and searching the old threads and posting. I cleared 700rwhp with just 16.5 lbs of boost with the whipple so 19 would be a no brainer. Suprised most are going to the TVS since his numbers have been exceeding the whipples

Users who are viewing this thread