FNG Cobra owner from South Carolina

GAT72991

Hey guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've owned several Mustangs and Fords. I recently purchased my first Mustang in SVT Cobra trim; a 1998 Chrome Yellow Coupe. I found the car online in NC and bought it the next day. The 62 year old man that owned it literally lived on the side of a mountain and had an airplane hangar type garage set up beside his house where the Cobra was being kept.

The car supposedly has about 75k miles but shows 91k due to an uncalibrated 4:10 gear swap. The car looks mint and drives extremely solid. The interior is leather and all black. It doesnt look like any seats aside from the drivers has ever been sat in. I am the third owner.

Mod list is as follows: FRPP 4:10 gearset, BBK off road X pipe, MAC catback, JLT 110mm CAI, H&R Supersport springs, Maximum Motorsports CC plates, Bilstein Heavy duty shocks front and rear, and Saleen Replica rims (255s on front, 315s on back). It came with an SCT handheld tuner, not sure which tune is currently loaded because I haven't drove the car since I backed it into my garage about a month ago due to work being extremely busy.

I'll be posting pics here and the SN95 cobra forum as soon as I reach the ability to post attachments-not sure what post count that requires. This is my first SN car so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask you guys. This forum always proves to be a wealth of information, looking forward to hearing from yall.

:beer:

Trey

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice to see you're posting. Congratulations on buying your '98 Cobra. Low mileage for a 17 year old car. Came with some decent mods, too. :thumbsup:

GAT72991

I think I picked up a pretty good find...I searched for quite a while to find a low mileage clean SN car. Nice to hear from you CobraBob! I've had your shifter gaskets on two of my previous Mustangs and I can attest to their quality! Really decreased road and tranny noise after I installed the short throws....will make that a 3rd car when I get around to ordering an MGW short throw and knob for my cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well thank you for being a loyal Stang Shifter Gaskets customer, Trey. It means a lot to hear that customer have used my gaskets successfully on multiple cars. Peace out, my friend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread