FML Cobra is down atm. I miss her already

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Hey, I was on my way back to Calgary from Salmon Arm the other weekend, ended up running into some trouble on the way back. Had a brake caliper bolt come out, which didn't impress me due to there being red loc-tite on the bolt and the bolts were torqued in. The caliper jumped up into the rim when I hit the brakes. Snapped the brake caliper mounting bolt as well. Just figured i'd share some pictures of the damage and a bit of the story.

This all ended up happening just a bit past Lake Louise, had to tow the car back, ended up costing me $625 for the tow back to Calgary. We were on our way back from camping out at the lake, so when it all happened, as we were waiting a couple hours for the tow truck we decided to pull out a few lawn chairs and just start drinkin on the side of the highway :beer:.

Parts have been ordered, bought them through the work cash account, so it came out to be $78.61 for the mounting bracket, and $19.82 for new mounting bolts.

Anyways here's the pictures.
MustangPictures008.jpg

MustangPictures007.jpg

MustangPictures006.jpg

MustangPictures005.jpg

MustangPictures004.jpg

MustangPictures003.jpg

MustangPictures002.jpg

MustangPictures001.jpg

SVT2122

Established Member
Damn that sucks, same thing happened to my buddies lightning. What are you going to do about the wheel?

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Haha, hell yea, those 2x4's make life EASY compared to trying to put it up without. For the wheel, right now i'm not gonna do anything about it because it's not gouged deep by any means, moreso just shaved a bunch of aluminum off and is stuck in the caliper like a die grinder bit does with aluminum. Just want her back on the road for now, but i'll either replace the rim or see if I can get it polished out at work afterwards. Wouldn't be much to polish the rim, we polish semi rims for like $60 a rim.

And yea, the bolt that came out was from that mounting bracket.. and I torqued the absolute hell out of her when I installed it, along with red loc-tite *shrug*

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Ohhh dude that sucks.. next time i have my wheels off im checking to make sure they are tight.. good to see not to much dmg was done though

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
my car has been on jackstands for the past 2-3 weeks..and its absolutely killing mee!!

One night I just straight up sat in my car for like 5-10 minutes and it felt sooo good!

hope you get it back on the road soon :p

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Thanks guys,

So .. I picked up all my parts today, I had a gut feeling when I ordered all of it about this .. sure as shit, wrong parts!! :bored: So they actually looked up the vin this time, and ordered me the correct parts .. hope they come in pretty soon.

and omg man .. I did the exact same thing just the other night .. got in, closed the door, and just enjoyed it for a few haha.

my car has been on jackstands for the past 2-3 weeks..and its absolutely killing mee!!

One night I just straight up sat in my car for like 5-10 minutes and it felt sooo good!

hope you get it back on the road soon :p

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
sorry about your luck man... i have a feeling it's going to change though... make sure you mix some water in with the simple green if you take that other poster's advise. nice car and good luck!

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i had the same thing happen, but i think it was my own fault because i think i forgot to torque the bolt down fully... I was lucky enough to only have the bolt fall out and cause no other real damage. I even drove it home from work(4 miles) without touching the brake the entire way.

19Mystic96

Established Member
i had the same thing happen, but i think it was my own fault because i think i forgot to torque the bolt down fully... I was lucky enough to only have the bolt fall out and cause no other real damage. I even drove it home from work(4 miles) without touching the brake the entire way.

+1.. happened to me too.. and luckly, i didnt break my bracket.. good luck with the fix!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a shame! Could have been worse. And, yes, best of luck with the fix. You have a gorgeous car there!

Users who are viewing this thread