Flyby in my sleeper 408cid LTD wagon

jfsram

Established Member
Cool vid and it looks like your riders had a good time.

I hate to break the new to you though. That's no sleeper.

spidartanks

Established Member
Add wood trim down the side and remove the hood scoop....total sleeper

oh and throw granny in the passanger seat too

mustang john

Established Member
Roudy sounding exhuast, bigs and littles and a hood scoop dont really say sleeper even if its on a station wagon lol. Bad ass car reguardless!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Thanks guys, it's fun to take the whole crew out for a shuffle. Seats 5 comfortably ;)

IMG_20120826_170955.jpg

IMG_20120831_063447.jpg

Cool vid and it looks like your riders had a good time.

I hate to break the new to you though. That's no sleeper.

Well, when it's off.. it's a sleeper :D

Add wood trim down the side and remove the hood scoop....total sleeper

oh and throw granny in the passanger seat too

LOL.. I have a vid idea kicking around that'll involve my ma dukes and this car. For now, I velcroed a tissue box on the dash.. to complete the effect you can slightly see it in the vid :banana:

Looks fun. Hows it running Dan

Was running great until today, I took off the vacuum pump to drive it to Joel's to finish up the N20 install.. the water pump/fans both died on me merging on the highway, I had it towed back just now.. it's too cold to worry about it now. I'll have to address that though. I ****ing hate electric water pumps.. i've had nothing but problems with every one i've had... goes to show you no reason to put a $500-600 pump on when a stock one will suffice for 100k+ miles

awesome ride, 1/4 mile times?

Thanks man. I've only been to the track once for 2 passes, and it was a bad showing. I straight smoked the tires passed the 330' mark and shifted to 3rd.. it hooked, I got back in it and downshifted, and it still went 12.67@122.. the track wanted to kick me the next run for a slight leak, but considering the circumstances then (my boys dad just passed and we wanted to dedicate a run to him) they granted me one more. I adjusted the tire pressure and put air in the airbag, and took it easy out the gate, short shifted 2nd, and it still went [email protected].

Commemorative Track Run for Friends Father, and Street Pulls in New Sleeper ;) - YouTube

Since then, I swapped the rear to a built 8.8 w/ strange adjustables, and a 3.73 gear (down from 4:10's), and redid fuel system with sumped tank, a1000/filter, -10 feed, -8 return, coilovers up front, tubular a-arms, and a healthy plate kit (motor is built for spray). Redid ignition to mallory hyfire, and it runs much crisper now.

Funny part about it is, car still ran as good as it did, and as it turns out, the intake manfold had like 6 out of the 12 bolts completely stripped. Even the carb studs ran out of threads, and the carb was moving around. Suffice to say, it is now studded, and fixed, and it runs harder on motor now. I added the vacuum pump back on, and it's really healthy now, only problem with that is there is no oil restrictors in the block, and it takes in alot of oil in the catch can since the valve covers are filling with oil quickly under WOT. So I disabled it again, until I can fix the problem. I tried extra relief valves/relocation of can, baffling the valve cover, no avail. it still sucks oil in, so I removed the pump for the time being again.

Car has an 10.70 in it on nuts all day, with just hook, I could of done that before. Now, it shouldn't even sweat to do that... probably only 2-3mph healthier, but it's built for the juice.. and an extra 200 kick should be good for a deeeeeeeeeeep 9, pending it stays off the bumper. :beer:

But it runs on straight 93, and im excited about that. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread