Flowmaster catback actually made some power

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
diddy im glad to see you actually getting flowmasters u do bash them in a lot of forums. it will sound sweet i love the way my car sounds when i get on it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
- Aj - said:
Well thats good to know. I have a Flow cb on my car and I'm adding a PHP intake to it tonight. :banana: Did you reset the computer or just bolt and go?

thats cool

yeah i just added the parts and left the computer alone

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
Easy said:
lol wow, never seen that kind of shit go down in jersey. im not worried about running no cats what-so-ever. anyway how did they try to look for no cats? a mirror?

They laid down beside the car and tried to look under, but I guess it's to hard to tell if theres catts or not. :-D

Diddy

Banned
me32 said:
diddy im glad to see you actually getting flowmasters u do bash them in a lot of forums. it will sound sweet i love the way my car sounds when i get on it.

I always loved the sound of flows, it just seemed there were numerous topics and dyno tests supporting straight through mufflers. Im down with flows, I just kinda got on the band wagon for a while there.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Diddy said:
I always loved the sound of flows, it just seemed there were numerous topics and dyno tests supporting straight through mufflers. Im down with flows, I just kinda got on the band wagon for a while there.

IMO i would think an offroad pipe would make up for the possible loss of power due to the flows. what made me want a flowmaster cat back is i drive a 3 inch straight exhuast now from the turbo-back, no mufflers/cats/just 1 small resenator. being loud is great most of the time but everytime i go out in my friends c6 vette i love how we can stop at a light and not be annoyed or have to roll up the windows when someone calls just to hear them speak.... i was planning on going with the bassani x + bassani catback. but its also expensive. flows are cheap and quiet, plus some people are reporting gains with them so thats what im going to go with :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Diddy said:

well im glad to see you are swaping over. also are you gonna change your X to an H?

Diddy

Banned
I dont know, it sounds pretty good with the catted x. I plan on doing bassani mid lenghts so Im probably going to leave the xpipe on.

golstho

Established Member
i have a set of 2 chambers for irs used what are they worth? i also have a set of 2 chambers for live axle used? i am looking at selling both sets to try to buy some of those steeda's that are supposed to be quieter they are just too loud for me with my setup. sound mean as hell though.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
golstho said:
i have a set of 2 chambers for irs used what are they worth? i also have a set of 2 chambers for live axle used? i am looking at selling both sets to try to buy some of those steeda's that are supposed to be quieter they are just too loud for me with my setup. sound mean as hell though.
which steeda cat back is quieter than flows?

03-LS1

golstho- I gotta question about your exhaust setup. Are you running an off-raod X with the flowmasters? Is it really raspy? Reason being is that I am contemplating going that route. I have the Kooks headers but with the catted h-pipe and flows. I really love the sound but I am wanting somthing alittle more "raw". Thanks

Diddy

Banned
Raw or horrible sounding? If you slap on offroad x on those flows it will sound like pennies in a coffee can. Dr gas or magnaflow is the only x you could probably get away with.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Diddy said:
Raw or horrible sounding? If you slap on offroad x on those flows it will sound like pennies in a coffee can. Dr gas or magnaflow is the only x you could probably get away with.
Or SLP!! :thumbsup:

03mineralg

Established Member
Diddy said:
Agreed, with flows you either want a prochamber or h-pipe

golstho

Established Member
MY COFFIN said:
golstho- I gotta question about your exhaust setup. Are you running an off-raod X with the flowmasters? Is it really raspy? Reason being is that I am contemplating going that route. I have the Kooks headers but with the catted h-pipe and flows. I really love the sound but I am wanting somthing alittle more "raw". Thanks

yes it is an off road x. deep at idle and raspy and lound when you are hard on the gas. the flows sound good with kooks x pipe and sounded good on my old car with LT's and dr gas off road x. dont sound like a coffee can to me. i have a small child now and he is not a huge fan of loud exhaust when he is trying to go to sleep in his car seat.

Last edited:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
this?
040-13908-450.jpg

Steeda Cobra Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust Kit

only thing i see on there site for 03/04 cobras :shrug:

golstho

Established Member
go to steeda-store-exhaust-mufflers&components..there you will see the stainles steel sleeper mufflers.

- Aj -

Established Member
sleepermuffler.jpg

100% stainless steel muffler gives you more horsepower and a nice throaty sound, without the annoying drone between 1800-2100 RPM so common with other performance mufflers. While it does have a louder performance sound than the factory muffler, when used with factory catalytic converters, this is the quietest high performance muffler around.

Overall length including inlet and outlet: 19"
Muffler body: 14"L x 9-3/4"W x 4-1/4"H

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
dru440 said:
i love my hillbilly setup of the mac offroad h pipe and flowmasters for 500 bucks its the best sounding setup by far

vids please :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread