Florida Georgia Line - Cruise Remix

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
what are your guys' thoughts on this song?...i've quickly been getting into country music, and the original version of this song was a good listen, then i hear they make a remix with Nelly and i think the sound of the song and even look of the video seems like hey had alot more fun. i dunno if anybody else could have done a better remix than nelly (hip hop star wise) his way of rapping was perfect for this song...Nelly has also done a song with them for his new album, interested to see how that turns out

what do you guys think?

Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (Remix) ft. Nelly - YouTube

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I thought this was a video of a car cruise. Modern-day country sucks especially when it features a rapper that died out 10 years ago. You're from Mass. so you probably don't know any better.

[youtube_browser]RPkD8d9TcJY[/youtube_browser]

If you want to know country music

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've listened to country music for years (love old school country and "most" of the newer stuff). But IMO hip hop/rap and country don't mix. It's like oil and water. I'm sure there are those that love the outer edges of new country, but I prefer more traditional "contemporary" country.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
I know I will be in the minority, but I like it. I also liked the Jason Aldean/Ludacris remix of Dirt Road. My music collection is a little crazy though. Everything from hip hop, new country, old school country to metal like Pantera, Prong etc. Heck I even have some top 40 stuff. If it sounds good to me, I'll crank it up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member

The original is awful. The remix is horseshit terrible.

I've listened to country music for years (love old school country and "most" of the newer stuff). But IMO hip hop/rap and country don't mix. It's like oil and water. I'm sure there are those that love the outer edges of new country, but I prefer more traditional "contemporary" country.

Agreed. I'm not sure where the idea to mix the two came from but it is ridiculous.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
figured there would be a mixed crowd most not liking it...oh well, it's not for everybody...mr. nelson is surely on my ipod, alot of my friends listen to older country (its finding itself more and more on my ipod)...i wouldn't say all hip hop/country is bad, if i ever heard 50 cent and a country artist do a song, i'd probably blow my head off with a shotgun...only two people i think that wouldn't murder a country song is nelly and ludacris...if you guys know of any other artists i could take a listen to, i'm all ears...i'm all about different styles of music

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
I thought this was a video of a car cruise. Modern-day country sucks especially when it features a rapper that died out 10 years ago. You're from Mass. so you probably don't know any better.

[youtube_browser]RPkD8d9TcJY[/youtube_browser]

If you want to know country music

that video was a great watch:rockon:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
it was bad before...now it really sucks

damn that ferarri is hot thougj lol

strict9

Established Member
It's not the greatest remix. I guess for country bars/clubs it will work to bring in a more diverse crowd. I hate going to a bar listening to country music then a few times during the night they switch to hip-hop and shit. I don't mind country and rock mixxed, but country/hiphop doesn't mix.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
It's not the greatest remix. I guess for country bars/clubs it will work to bring in a more diverse crowd. I hate going to a bar listening to country music then a few times during the night they switch to hip-hop and shit. I don't mind country and rock mixxed, but country/hiphop doesn't mix.

that is weird that a place would play country and then hiphop

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
haha, i could only imagine...the Toby Kieth bar across the street from my job (probably the most country bar in my state) plays all country music (well it's all i hear whenever i go over for lunch)...man oh man the eye candy in there is great...women in daisy dukes and boots...yes LAWD

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
haha, i could only imagine...the Toby Kieth bar across the street from my job (probably the most country bar in my state) plays all country music (well it's all i hear whenever i go over for lunch)...man oh man the eye candy in there is great...women in daisy dukes and boots...yes LAWD

Around here it's after midnight the booty shit comes on.

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Hot girls and bad ass lifted chevys, whats not to love? Hell there's even a classic mustang in it towards the end.

I'm not found of country, but I find it to be a pretty good song.

Users who are viewing this thread