Florida: 10 worst places to live.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Spent most of life in Florida...in the Panhandle below Alabama...aka LA...Lower Alabama. Mostly all Military as Eglin is the largest base in the world to my knowledge. Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, San Destin, Panama City, Pensacola....stomping grounds. Definetly have our share of rednecks. Hell you would have called me one and my family before I grew up, joined the Military and move the hell away. Should be atleast two states if not three as mentioned. Everything he mentioned is Jax and below. I didn't think Jax was that bad honestly.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Thanks Tezz! LOL. I posted it more for folks who don't necessarily know Florida and might be thinking of moving there or vacationing there. There are some great, recommended areas, and there are definitely areas of Florida to avoid for consideration of moving a residence or even vacationing. I watch 'On Patrol: Live' every week and have been amazed at how bad some areas in Florida are. I've been to various Florida locations for vacations over the years and really haven't seen anything really bad. But they're there. That's not too different from pretty much any other state.
I love florida. Buts not immune to its crappy areas just like any other state. Theyve all got shitholes. there are some common demoniators.....

VegasMichael

Established Member
Spent most of life in Florida...in the Panhandle below Alabama...aka LA...Lower Alabama. Mostly all Military as Eglin is the largest base in the world to my knowledge. Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, San Destin, Panama City, Pensacola....stomping grounds. Definetly have our share of rednecks. Hell you would have called me one and my family before I grew up, joined the Military and move the hell away. Should be atleast two states if not three as mentioned. Everything he mentioned is Jax and below. I didn't think Jax was that bad honestly.
I was stationed at NAS Pensacola and we called it the Redneck Riviera. I liked it there though.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
anything south of West Palm Beach was sketch.

I used to go to palm beach often and typically stayed at the Breakers.

I went for a run one time, not sure where it took me but I was deep in the ghetto. I saw the biggest ****ing dice game imaginable. There had to have been 100 people surrounding a huge pile of cash. It is crazy that $50m houses are within spitting distance of hard corp ghetto.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Kind of a bs video. Every state has large cities- and within those large cities are poor areas that are “ghetto”. That being said- people, myself included have flocked to Florida recently for the weather, lack of taxes, and opportunity that isn’t always present in other states. I will say some of the people do suck, the drivers are the worst, but the lack of taxes and the amazing weather more than make up for it. I love 25 min south of JAX, it’s crime rate isn’t exactly great, but it is way better than many comparable in size cities.
Palm Coast?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I used to go to palm beach often and typically stayed at the Breakers.

I went for a run one time, not sure where it took me but I was deep in the ghetto. I saw the biggest ****ing dice game imaginable. There had to have been 100 people surrounding a huge pile of cash. It is crazy that $50m houses are within spitting distance of hard corp ghetto.
Yes, plenty of spots in WPB where you have beachside mansions 1/2 mile from absolute ghettos. It is wild.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Everywhere in fla is awful to live, that's why fla is closed; no more transplants

1676331638187.jpeg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have lived in northern Palm Beach county since I was 7. Whats interesting during that time, there have been many areas that were crappy that are now nice. More than the other way imo. There are still a bunch of sketchy areas for sure but no more than any other place Ive been to.
My direct area Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens has become somewhat of a high rent district so to speak. The unfortunate part is this area is one of the favorite destinations for New York retirees. I am in a relatively high-end service business, and can deal with just about anything. In general New Yorkers transplanted here are the most selfish and entitled group of people I have to deal with. People that are from Florida or basically grew up here as a whole are good people.
Traffic is now a major problem. With the post-Covid rush to "Free Florida" from the lock down blue states has really made everything even more crowded. Overall I love Florida, but my wife and I have decided when I retire (in less than 10years) and the kids are adults we are NOT going to stay here. The beautiful, special place that we used to live in is not the same. That and our nearby racetrack PBIR (Moroso) is gone........ that in itself is reason enough... lol

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Traffic is now a major problem. With the post-Covid rush to "Free Florida" from the lock down blue states has really made everything even more crowded. Overall I love Florida, but my wife and I have decided when I retire (in less than 10years) and the kids are adults we are NOT going to stay here. The beautiful, special place that we used to live in is not the same
This is spot on. I moved here when it wasn't cool to live here. The traffic on this side has become a nightmare as well. The infrastructure can't handle the growth. The latest I'm noticing it the lack of hospital space. There's only 3, and has been only 3 forever. They go code red and black often. Not sure I'll move once I retire next year.

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
I have lived in northern Palm Beach county since I was 7. Whats interesting during that time, there have been many areas that were crappy that are now nice. More than the other way imo. There are still a bunch of sketchy areas for sure but no more than any other place Ive been to.
My direct area Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens has become somewhat of a high rent district so to speak. The unfortunate part is this area is one of the favorite destinations for New York retirees. I am in a relatively high-end service business, and can deal with just about anything. In general New Yorkers transplanted here are the most selfish and entitled group of people I have to deal with. People that are from Florida or basically grew up here as a whole are good people.
Traffic is now a major problem. With the post-Covid rush to "Free Florida" from the lock down blue states has really made everything even more crowded. Overall I love Florida, but my wife and I have decided when I retire (in less than 10years) and the kids are adults we are NOT going to stay here. The beautiful, special place that we used to live in is not the same. That and our nearby racetrack PBIR (Moroso) is gone........ that in itself is reason enough... lol

that’s the exact area I’m going to be retiring to in a few years. Absolutely love it and spend a ton of time there. I hope it doesn’t change

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Frank, I noticed in your post that you don't intend to live in Florida forever. Where would you like to move to when you retire in 10 years, assuming you meant you won't live in Florida forever.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Born and raised In clearwater area / palm harbor. I work in Tampa. Tampa is absolutely awful, crowded to the max, full of drug addicts and piece of shit bums all over. Typical democrat run city. It’s an absolute shit hole.

Even over in Pinellas it’s crowded to the max, bums starting to congregate on the corners etc. It sucks I want to get up to the TN mountains so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaxbusa

Established Member

I share this sentiment. I have lived in the Jacksonville area my whole life. About five years ago I built what I thought would’ve been my forever home. My wife and I are now talking about leaving Florida when our parents pass away. The traffic has become so bad that I hate driving now and don’t feel safe. Panhandlers are on every major intersection. Litter is everywhere. I feel so bad for the younger generation that grew up here and are now trying to buy a home because they have been priced out. I’m sure others can say the same about their city or areas but this is my opinion of the only place I know.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread