Florida: 10 worst places to live.

IllCobra

Established Member
Lived in FL. for 27 years. 25 of those years spent in the Vero Beach and Sebastian area. I can't speak much on the west side or about any city in the panhandle, but he has it nailed on the rest.
Ever since I can remember, anything south of West Palm Beach was sketch. Of course, there are nice cities down there, but no where worth it to be so close to so many trash ghettos. Miami is great to go with some friends, party, and meet women - Yes, Tootsies is a damn great place to do all that in one night (and yes, your car may get broken into while you're getting a lap dance - or more - so go in an uber). But once you've had your fun, get the hell out of that shit hole. The drivers are horrible, everything is expensive, super fake people, and many thieves. So use your credit card and then send it to hell when you get back home and request a new one. Chances are good someone already skimmed your info. The only good thing about down that way is they have good job opportunity. So just watch what street you turn onto and lock all your shit.

I am currently in Orlando. And besides the BS traffic, crappy college drivers (they're freaking everywhere), and making sure you lock your up car everywhere you go, it's not that bad. A lot of jobs and a lot of things to do here if you don't mind the traffic. Yes, many ghettos as well, but they're easily avoided from my experience. Housing is crazy in Orlando, but what decent city in FL. isn't currently.

My opinion, from Rockledge all the way down to Stuart are good places. You're near the beach, and not many "bad" places EXCEPT Fort Pierce. I am surprised Fort Pierce wasn't on the list. When I was in high school, all I heard was how bad it was there. From what I remember, their middle and high schools had metal detectors. And I think at one point they had the highest rate of AIDS/HIV or something like that. There also isn't job opportunity like bigger cities, but based on how my friends are doing, if you do anything house related ie. roofing, lay tile, build and install cabinets, paint, landscape, anything related to construction, you're in the money right now. Also, there is a large senior citizen population here so anything in the health field you are making bank. I have never met an RN that made less than $75k here. And they're into the +$100k range if they are a traveling RN. If my job goes fully remote, I will leave Orlando asap and head back down to Sebastian or Vero Beach. Oh, and our public schools aren't great. But we do have some good charter schools lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting video. There was another one there that I just watched about the top places in Florida to live. I really enjoyed that one.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Could of just had South of Boca Raton as a no go for his list unless you're rich and can live in a fancy gated community

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Surprised about Daytona and Pasco County. I guess visiting vs living is way different. Screw anything near Miami, and Belle Glade is a scary place. I used to deliver there about 25 years ago. Every area has a bad area, we have a few around here and I know Ft Myers does as well.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Surprised about Daytona
Daytona is largely shitty imho

I just clicked through that real quick and most of it seems legit. What's odd about FL is almost everywhere (within a county/city/whatever) it's all little pockets. They'll be a nice area with a couple of suburbs/developments etc but a couple blocks the other direction and might not be quite so nice, no necessarily bad but definitely a few steps down. Around here anyway, a lot of it seems to have to do with how the apartments are scattered around.

I live in a decent part of Orlando, I don't have to deal with I4 on my commute and such. I used to think I didn't like it here but after going to school in WPB for a couple of years I definitely like it up here a lot more.

LS WUT

Established Member
I live in Sarasota. So like most places there are some places you don’t go to. Generally anything with a street number, and MLK. Keep your honkey ass out the hood and you’re fine. Funny enough they had a “stoop” built and it was taken down by the county because it was nothing but trouble with gang bullshit graffiti and drugs being sold there.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
FL is like 3 states. South, Central and North. Nothing is the same across the whole state. Regardless, I agree you'll find places like this anywhere you go. We may have a few more than the rest :)

Moving to CFL from Ft. Lauderdale 6 years ago probably added 10 years to my life expectancy, mostly from the lack of stress caused by parking on I-95 daily.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
He left out Booker Park in Indiantown, Martin County. Poe-lease from across the state come and observe the lifestyle there, for future reference.
But he did hit most of the high points that I'm aware of.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
FL is like 3 states. South, Central and North. Nothing is the same across the whole state. Regardless, I agree you'll find places like this anywhere you go. We may have a few more than the rest :)

Moving to CFL from Ft. Lauderdale 6 years ago probably added 10 years to my life expectancy, mostly from the lack of stress caused by parking on I-95 daily.

You didn't enjoy the madmax lifestyle?
I've never seen so many hunks of shit weaving 5 lanes back and forth on 95 until I get into Broward county. Unfortunately, a lot have moved up to the Treasure Coast and start their suicide runs when I go to work.

He left out Booker Park in Indiantown, Martin County. Poe-lease from across the state come and observe the lifestyle there, for future reference.
But he did hit most of the high points that I'm aware of.

We got a handful of development projects in that area.
There was a legit chance of real development out there to make it nicer until the interest rate hikes. So many big home builders paused out there.

Belle Glade is a trip, but felt Pahokee was worse. When we were young and dumber we would drive out there late a night. Whole 'nough world

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your glass is always half full Bob.

I love that about you.
Thanks Tezz! LOL. I posted it more for folks who don't necessarily know Florida and might be thinking of moving there or vacationing there. There are some great, recommended areas, and there are definitely areas of Florida to avoid for consideration of moving a residence or even vacationing. I watch 'On Patrol: Live' every week and have been amazed at how bad some areas in Florida are. I've been to various Florida locations for vacations over the years and really haven't seen anything really bad. But they're there. That's not too different from pretty much any other state.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I lived in FL from 2001 to 2005. Was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa. I mainly stayed local (St. Pete, Clearwater, Brandon and Bradenton), but did venture out to Orlando. Watched Kobe and Shaq play the Magic.

I didn't watch the posted video, but I don't ever remember it being crappy in Tampa. I don't remember a huge homeless population. Wasn't trashed or graffitied up.

But that was 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure a lot has changed over 2 decades. I'm pretty sure it is crowded as hell now compared to back then. I do know I prefer Florida over California LOL....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

The traffic is just terrible here anymore, and I rarely travel I-75.
Belle Glade is a trip, but felt Pahokee was worse. When we were young and dumber we would drive out there late a night. Whole 'nough world
I remember Pahokee. I'd deliver to the PD/FD garage right next to the lake. It was wild looking up at that wall keeping it from flooding. Never been there at night. I know a few born and raised in Belle Glade, they're white too. I know a bunch from Moore Haven as well, them boys were crazy. They were also my gator meat connection, and it wasn't stamped. lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I watch 'On Patrol: Live' every week and have been amazed at how bad some areas in Florida are.
When I had just started school down in WPB we were all sitting around the dorms and Cops came on, happened to be in WPB and realized that half the ****ed up places they were filming were just down the street from campus
I don't ever remember it being crappy in Tampa.
Again, been a few years but running around just north of Tampa it became kind of a running joke to try and count all the strip clubs, tattoo parlors and internet sweepstakes cafes as you passed through.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I've ridden around the lake a few times and through Pahoke and Belle Glade, and when I say through, I mean, Don't stop. For anything. Keep rollin' through.

macworld

Established Member
Kind of a bs video. Every state has large cities- and within those large cities are poor areas that are “ghetto”. That being said- people, myself included have flocked to Florida recently for the weather, lack of taxes, and opportunity that isn’t always present in other states. I will say some of the people do suck, the drivers are the worst, but the lack of taxes and the amazing weather more than make up for it. I love 25 min south of JAX, it’s crime rate isn’t exactly great, but it is way better than many comparable in size cities.

Users who are viewing this thread