Flex Fuel Kits

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
UPDATE.

Couple responses from ProEFI:

Me - I was wondering if you were still developing something for the 13-14 Shelby GT500 crowd in regards to Flex Fuel, E85 and adaptive fuel management? Something that would let us run anything from 100% pump gas, E85 and any mixture in between.

ProEFI - We are actively working on developing a patch harness for the GT500. Currently if you would like to run a ProEFI on a GT500 you would have to have a custom harness built.

Me - Does the ProEFI 128 work in parallel with the stock ECU or does it replace it completely?

ProEFI - Currently it would run in parallel with the stock ECU, as the stock ECU provides data to other modules in the vehicle. If someone was willing to donate a car for a few months we could develop a full replacement ECU kit where the stock ECU could be completely removed without losing any factory functionality, it just takes time to reverse engineer all the CAN stuff.

- END

So who here wants to donate their car to ProEFI for a few months? If this wasn't my daily driver I would be very tempted to do it.

That is very tempting, but I'm in the same boat as you my Shelby is my DD.

Bad Company

Established Member
UPDATE.

Couple responses from ProEFI:

Me - I was wondering if you were still developing something for the 13-14 Shelby GT500 crowd in regards to Flex Fuel, E85 and adaptive fuel management? Something that would let us run anything from 100% pump gas, E85 and any mixture in between.

ProEFI - We are actively working on developing a patch harness for the GT500. Currently if you would like to run a ProEFI on a GT500 you would have to have a custom harness built.

Me - Does the ProEFI 128 work in parallel with the stock ECU or does it replace it completely?

ProEFI - Currently it would run in parallel with the stock ECU, as the stock ECU provides data to other modules in the vehicle. If someone was willing to donate a car for a few months we could develop a full replacement ECU kit where the stock ECU could be completely removed without losing any factory functionality, it just takes time to reverse engineer all the CAN stuff.

- END

So who here wants to donate their car to ProEFI for a few months? If this wasn't my daily driver I would be very tempted to do it.
If my car was running I'd trailer out to them and do it. I don't know if they'd be willing to do this with a highly modified car or if they'd want to start with a completely stock car. At the rate I'm going it will be winter before mine is up and running again, so them having it for a 3-4 month period wouldn't be an issue. Heck I've only had the opportunity to drive it less then 1000 miles in 2 years and every time I drove it in the last 2 years it ingested whatever modification Evolution Performance did so it has been nothing more then a garage ornament anyway. It might as well sit in somebody's garage while they reverse engineer the PMC software too.

Users who are viewing this thread