Flame suit on...Should I drive this to Mustang 45th Saturday?

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
:rolleyes: My Cobra is down due to a series of Spec clutch install issues (see my thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/591989-need-clutch-install-help-not-releasing-spec-stage-2-a.html ). So I was still wanting to go to Barber's in B'ham for the 45th Anniversary show and this is my family ride pictured below. My two sons (5 & 3) really want to go and I do to but how much of a tool would I be to drive a Dodge to a Ford Event? Flame Away...
iPhonesPics2158.jpg

Zoom

Established Member
at least it's an R/T (i think), as long as it isn't some import or something you should be just fine.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
at least it's an R/T (i think), as long as it isn't some import or something you should be just fine.

R/T Daytona, 5.7L Hemi, Number 740 of 1400, programmed, K&N intake....nothing special really. About 320rwhp.

Zoom

Established Member
R/T Daytona, 5.7L Hemi, Number 740 of 1400, programmed, K&N intake....nothing special really. About 320rwhp.

well that's more than my GT and 320 hp isn't a joke that's enough power to satisfy most...but nice car either way, i'd still take it

rtrdpenguin

Penguin
Established Member
Dang is that a plum crazy retro paintjob or something? I love that color :) Didn't know the newer chargers ever got it! I don't see any reason why you shouldn't drive it.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
not a fan of the color but who cares what you drive, you like fords so go see some cool cars and have fun with those kids..don't let them miss out cuz your not driving a ford there

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
-320rwhp is good, yes, especially for a GT but power to weight ratio wise it's not all that great for a charger...4,100lbs.

-The paint job is factory. Plum Crazy. Car 740/1400.

-Its not a SRT. They came with 425 flywheel hp. The Daytonas came with 350 flywheel but mine is somewhere around 375 or better given my 320rwhp with a few small mods.

I'll probably take the car. I have a work issued trailblazer but that's boring.

mustang_00

Established Member
it takes a real man to go anywhere in a purple car. jk jk i'd rock the shit out of the sms purple challenger i posted up!!! i vote you go in it. who cares what people think. we have a mustang car show every year a ford dealership and chevy's/dodge's show up to be "tough" but all in all we get along so who cares. alot of mustangs/camaros show up to the dodge show too. unless you're risking taking a beating (which is lame by itself) i'd go in it!

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
You should walk instead of possibly getting laughed at.

Wasn't worried about getting laughed at but rather why bring a Dodge to a Ford Anniversary Event?...that's all. I mean I know there will be families and people from all around driving all sorts of makes of vehicles, I was just wondering how many of those will look a special edition vehicle from another make that's trying to stand out in the crowd of Mustangs? <--Which I'm not trying to do. This is just my family ride.

Users who are viewing this thread