FL = Weaksauce Fall is Coming lets get some meets going

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
We can set that up.... After I get some new tires. I did a 3rd gear pull yesterday and spun till 100 mph

Damn that sucks :(.. So it looks like our race will be pointless if you're spinning the whole time lol!!

fangs99

Established Member
No lambo but the 6 speed gives me plenty of mph.
And we will have our race.... After I get some sticky micky's on it.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member

You'll be at the meet in November right? We can always settle it there sticky tire to sticky tire...

I hope to be at XXX Friday as well to try to get on just for a number. Don't currently know where I'm at. Got a remote tune right now

RussZTT

Established Member
We can set that up.... After I get some new tires. I did a 3rd gear pull yesterday and spun till 100 mph
I know exactly how you feel. :beer: Even doing 75mph roll racing sucks. Have to run on the bridge to get some decent hooking.

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
100-160 race? Seriously? What are you driving, a UGR lambo?

:lol:

The 6 speed wont do anything for mph because your 4th is 1:1 just like other trans 1:1 unless you do pulls in O/D which isnt to smart lol. That rear gear gives you the MPH.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
:lol:

The 6 speed wont do anything for mph because your 4th is 1:1 just like other trans 1:1 unless you do pulls in O/D which isnt to smart lol. That rear gear gives you the MPH.

True statement,

It won't matter, I'll be so far out in front by the time O/D comes into play for him I should be on the brakes slowing down.. :lol:

fangs99

Established Member
If I were to step down from 3.73's 6th gear would be useless..... I only use it to cruise now but, with 3.31 or 3.27 would put my cruise rpm to low. But 5th gear is shorter than a standard 5 speed car so it still pulls well.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
If I were to step down from 3.73's 6th gear would be useless..... I only use it to cruise now but, with 3.31 or 3.27 would put my cruise rpm to low. But 5th gear is shorter than a standard 5 speed car so it still pulls well.

I had 3.55 and a 28'' tire. It worked great. Got 28 mpg also lol and 4th would run out to 164, ask me how i know :D The 5th is still a O/D gear so once again you shouldnt do pulls in o/d unless i miss understand you and you dont go WOT in 5th or 6th:??:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
He might have a different geared T56.. He may have a .50 6th ;).. Much like me.. 3.55's in my car with the .50 was just way to low of a RPM at 70mph

fangs99

Established Member
He might have a different geared T56.. He may have a .50 6th ;).. Much like me.. 3.55's in my car with the .50 was just way to low of a RPM at 70mph

That's exactly what I'm saying.... 3.73's + .50 OD =2,000 rpm @ 80mph
I'm going to run a 27 inch tall tire at the track to help stretch out the gearing a tad in the 1/4 mi.

Users who are viewing this thread