First trip out with the VMP TVS! Very happy!!

mustang john

Established Member
Finally after almost a year now the Cobra is back at the track and running damn good!

I ditched the ported Eaton that had served me so well for so many years in favor of the VMP TVS. Also upgraded the fuel system to a return style and went E85.

Setup consists of a VMP TVS with a Dragon TB, 3.2 upper #4 lower making about 18.5#
Lethal budget return fuel system with 8an feed line, 340 Division X pumps and 80# injectors squirting E85
T56, Ram HD clutch, Billet steel flywheel
Built SRA with 4.10 gears and 28x10.5 stiff wall MT slicks

It made 615/540 on a Mustang dyno but my car has never dynoed high.

Race weight was 3620 tonight with a full tank of E85 and the DA was about 200' so the weather was ideal.

Down to the new best!

sixty 1.45
1/8 et 6.59
1/8 mph 104.75
1/4 et 10.26
1/4 mph 136.2

It was a new PB for me in every category and it has quite a bit left in it!

YGETV8

Established Member
Holy cow! Congrats! These things are moving out with relatively low boost! Better get out to the garage and finish my 90% complete TVS install!

Native

Established Member
Great times! What gear were you in crossing the 1/4 mile? Curious because I also have the 4.10's SRA.

mustang john

Established Member
Great times! What gear were you in crossing the 1/4 mile? Curious because I also have the 4.10's SRA.

I believe I was around 6600 in 4th thru the traps, this was my first outing with the new setup and I had my hands full getting accustomed to the new found power so I wasn't looking too close mostly just hanging on and trying to keep it going straight.

Very nice John! Good to see you back at it. Making some real nice power.

Yes it is very good to be back, its been a long time coming! Im gonna have grin stuck to my face for a week. lol

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Wow! These TVS's are doing really well it seems! At least I have some times to try and catch. Hmmm more motivation to get mine on a roll! Congrats OP. Sounds like you went for a joy ride in your new found power. Lol

mustang john

Established Member
Thanks guys the car ran real strong, I have a 6# lower waiting to go on and I believe that along with a better breathing intake will give a shot at a 9.99! With my current setup I have no doubt it will run some 10.1s or even some high 10.ohs once I get back into the racing groove. That was only my second pass with the new setup and it has been almost a year since ive raced!

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
finally after almost a year now the cobra is back at the track and running damn good!

I ditched the ported eaton that had served me so well for so many years in favor of the vmp tvs. Also upgraded the fuel system to a return style and went e85.

Setup consists of a vmp tvs with a dragon tb, 3.2 upper #4 lower making about 18.5#
lethal budget return fuel system with 8an feed line, 340 division x pumps and 80# injectors squirting e85
t56, ram hd clutch, billet steel flywheel
built sra with 4.10 gears and 28x10.5 stiff wall mt slicks

it made 615/540 on a mustang dyno but my car has never dynoed high.

Race weight was 3620 tonight with a full tank of e85 and the da was about 200' so the weather was ideal.

Down to the new best!

Sixty 1.45
1/8 et 6.59
1/8 mph 104.75
1/4 et 10.26
1/4 mph 136.2

it was a new pb for me in every category and it has quite a bit left in it!
wow

mustang john

Established Member
Thanks guys! Those runs are from a few months ago, i will be back at the track either this Wed night or next Wed night if the weather cooperates. I would have gone last week but they closed the track due to it being too cold for safe track conditions. It was a shame too the DA was -1000' and better and i missed it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread