First time out in 2010

Frank Dux

Established Member
Just wanted to express my gratitude for the 50+ degree weather in Chicago lately. I called up the insurance, changed the oil and she is ready to go to work tomorrow.
And then this weekend I park it and pull the blower off to send to Posi....:banana:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
You Jackson? You look like a Jackson..

That must make you Frank Ducks?

Its Dux!

Dux? ..like put up your dux right?

:beer:

Frank Dux

Established Member
HAHAHA. The younger guys nowadays never get the Frank Dux reference. I am glad I am not alone :)

Frank Dux

Established Member
Nice, what pulleys are you going with on the port? The best thing about NC, year round daily driver.

I have a 2.76 upper now and will probably throw a 4 lb lower on. To be honest i am still torn on throwing a KB or Whipple on there. I have a very major decision to make this week...:rolling:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I have a 2.76 upper now and will probably throw a 4 lb lower on. To be honest i am still torn on throwing a KB or Whipple on there. I have a very major decision to make this week...:rolling:

i had my 2.3 whipple tuned this morning ... it made 597rwhp ... i had a grin from ear to ear ... its a whole nother ball game:banana:

Frank Dux

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUn9QkbkPk&feature=fvw"]YouTube- Bloodsport best parts[/nomedia]

cobracide

Established Member

Running low 500's with my posi port 2.90/4# Pretty happy with it. A TS would definitely be to the next level. I think I'll keep the port for a bit, there's not much on the street that can compete with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Frank, are you also considering porting your Eaton? Boobinspector recently reported that his Posi ported Eaton made 545rwhp and 530rwtrq. That's with a 2.8 upper and a 2lb lower. No other details, and I don't know if those numbers are SAE or STD, but they're stout nonetheless. These Eatons are amazing and porting is a definite option unless you're looking for more than 525-550rwhp.

Frank Dux

Established Member
Frank, are you also considering porting your Eaton? Boobinspector recently reported that his Posi ported Eaton made 545rwhp and 530rwtrq. That's with a 2.8 upper and a 2lb lower. No other details, and I don't know if those numbers are SAE or STD, but they're stout nonetheless. These Eatons are amazing and porting is a definite option unless you're looking for more than 525-550rwhp.

I was planning on sending it in to Posi actually. Especially now with that great deal he and Steve@TF have going on. My justification when I was telling people was the it will help with keeping my supercharger a little cooler :)
There are some serious numbers out there with just a port. My only wonder is how that will feel on the street versus a whipple or KB where the power is more linear. Just my gut feel though. I could be totally wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread