first time nmra racer and a big thank you to the guys running the svt shootout

jamrok55

Established Member
I arrived at the hotel fri morning around 2 a.m. with every intention on running my cobra in the stick et bracket class.I was having breakfast at the hotel and struck up a convo with one of the guys running his cobra in the shootout.He proceeded to tell me that "i was no longer running my car in the bracket class and that i was running in the svt shootout and also in the true street(free entry for all svt participants).To much dismay i entered those classes.first time racing the car my first pass was a terrible 12.5 and with the help of the guys in the shootout and especially my new friend i ended up winning 11 sec true street and running a 10.6 in the shootout.so i wanted to say thank you to Rick who also won true street it was awesome meeting you and taking time out and helping me.You made my weekend and because of you i will be attending as many nmra events as possible..thanks again...
p.s. the last run i treed larocca and he caught me right at the end because i missed 4th gear and i still ran a 10.6 i was looking for you before i left but couldnt find you to say thanks...

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I arrived at the hotel fri morning around 2 a.m. with every intention on running my cobra in the stick et bracket class.I was having breakfast at the hotel and struck up a convo with one of the guys running his cobra in the shootout.He proceeded to tell me that "i was no longer running my car in the bracket class and that i was running in the svt shootout and also in the true street(free entry for all svt participants).To much dismay i entered those classes.first time racing the car my first pass was a terrible 12.5 and with the help of the guys in the shootout and especially my new friend i ended up winning 11 sec true street and running a 10.6 in the shootout.so i wanted to say thank you to Rick who also won true street it was awesome meeting you and taking time out and helping me.You made my weekend and because of you i will be attending as many nmra events as possible..thanks again...
p.s. the last run i treed larocca and he caught me right at the end because i missed 4th gear and i still ran a 10.6 i was looking for you before i left but couldnt find you to say thanks...

Glad I could steer you in the right direction!
It looked like you had a great time and your times definitely improved!
I saw you leave but couldn't get back in time to say good bye.
Be careful who you talk to in the hotel lobby!!:D
Rick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice that with the class change you ended up having a great time. Smart move! I'm sure you'll be running a future Shootout events. Great bunch of folks who race in the Shootout. You're now hooked. :)

Users who are viewing this thread