First time motorcycle

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Not disagreeing with you.

I stopped riding a few years back when I lost the fun factor when people would drive like idiots around me.

That’s typically the problem. People don’t see you, don’t care about you and are the main reason riders crash. And when you crash on a bike, it’s nothing compared to a car… no air bags on a motorcycle.

I was lucky I learned on dirt when I was 8. I couldn’t imagine starting riding without that experience.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
For someone that’s never rode before?

SPLAT
I was responding to someone's comment... not for a first time rider

my 1299

Attachments

• 5d7e6c79b1a65104e015ad67.jpg
    5d7e6c79b1a65104e015ad67.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 53

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s typically the problem. People don’t see you, don’t care about you and are the main reason riders crash. And when you crash on a bike, it’s nothing compared to a car… no air bags on a motorcycle.

I was lucky I learned on dirt when I was 8. I couldn’t imagine starting riding without that experience.

I 100% agree.

I never rode dirtbikes, I had a bunch of different quads.

Tezz500

Established Member
I have an 05 F250 6.0....theres not much I'm gonna be able to do to improve mileage that much lol. Would love to get a newer truck that gets better mileage, but I don't really wanna sell a kidney at the moment. Need the truck still to pull our camper and sleds

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Get you a little shitbox 3cyl 1L focus.

2018 Ford Focus SE - $13,995 (NA)
Mileage: 33,573 Location: Houston, TX

It’ll get you 40mpg.

My commute Home and back:
df0fd0b10dea4a91ed57dda749f129d2.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
You’re lucky and in the very small minority.

Two types of riders. Those who have been down and those who will go down.
My mother used to be a director of nursing at a longterm care facility. She took me there once and pointed out all the people who were there because of motorcycle accidents. Scared me straight and I never got on a bike. I would like to ride on a closed track some day though.

Tezz500

Established Member
My mother used to be a director of nursing at a longterm care facility. She took me there once and pointed out all the people who were there because of motorcycle accidents. Scared me straight and I never got on a bike. I would like to ride on a closed track some day though.

It’s definitely something that has to be in your mind. Becky in her Honda Accord texting Brad about homecoming will now you the **** down and not even think twice… Katy Perry crankin. Wouldn’t miss a beat.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nah. I had never ridden before. I went:

954RR
R1
ZX10R
RC8R

No issues.

I'd never been on the track before I took my 2008 ACR.

Then you're an outlier. Telling someone who's never ridden to buy a liter bike for their first ride is irresponsible to say the least.

OP belongs on one of these.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Then you're an outlier. Telling someone who's never ridden to buy a liter bike for their first ride is irresponsible to say the least.

Just because I was an 'outlier' that makes my opinion moot? EL-oh-EL.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I started on a HD Road King, so I am not the one to answer this question....

dwest731

Established Member
In 08 I looked into getting a Yamaha virago for the same reason. The 500 gets roughly 50mpg.

This sounds crazy to people who haven’t ridden or raced a motorcycle, but the rule of thumb when you get in a sticky spot is, when in doubt gas it. That has saved me many times on the dirt and street.

This is my R6 Good luck and be safe!

Attachments

• C45A0131-542F-4764-8349-53D7A1E9E567.jpeg
    C45A0131-542F-4764-8349-53D7A1E9E567.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 52

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I grew up on dirt bikes. My first motorcycle was a 2004 Yamaha FZ6. I've put clip ons on it and done other things to make it as uncomfortable as possible. But before that it was a fantastic sport cruiser. Like a comfortable R6.

LS WUT

Established Member
I can agree with most of those of whom who have posted here. It all depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. Good gas mileage doesn’t always mean buying something else. In your case of the 2005 6.0 that might be hard to do. As for a starter bike, not many bikes are incredibly comfortable depending on road conditions, paved roads versus non paved. Possibly like someone had suggested earlier the Honda CBR300. Great starter bike, gets good gas mileage and has you in an upright position. They also hold their value due to everyone wanting a start bike so they don’t crash on something like a 600-1000. Nobody wants to become a meat crayon. However I did start off on a 2004 CBR600. It’s all about how smart you ride. Gear is another thing, prepare for the slide not the ride. Helmet, jacket, gloves, and pants. All of this will be discussed in your MSF of course. I’ve got plenty of cars, my truck, and some motorcycles. I’ve got many things ranging from a Z125 Kawasaki, to a 2300CC Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Just be careful out there, and ride like everyone’s out to kill you. Ride defensive, Goodluck on your search, and be safe bud!

hoamskilet

Established Member

Thank you

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I can agree with most of those of whom who have posted here. It all depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. Good gas mileage doesn’t always mean buying something else. In your case of the 2005 6.0 that might be hard to do. As for a starter bike, not many bikes are incredibly comfortable depending on road conditions, paved roads versus non paved. Possibly like someone had suggested earlier the Honda CBR300. Great starter bike, gets good gas mileage and has you in an upright position. They also hold their value due to everyone wanting a start bike so they don’t crash on something like a 600-1000. Nobody wants to become a meat crayon. However I did start off on a 2004 CBR600. It’s all about how smart you ride. Gear is another thing, prepare for the slide not the ride. Helmet, jacket, gloves, and pants. All of this will be discussed in your MSF of course. I’ve got plenty of cars, my truck, and some motorcycles. I’ve got many things ranging from a Z125 Kawasaki, to a 2300CC Triumph Rocket III Roadster. Just be careful out there, and ride like everyone’s out to kill you. Ride defensive, Goodluck on your search, and be safe bud!

I love my z125!!! around town is so much fun

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1723.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1723.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread