First time data logging the past two days

draxxus131

Established Member
Hi new to these parts of the forums. Insomnia has been bad the last couple days, so I decided to data log on X-mas eve and day where there wasn't a soul anywhere on the roads in my town. Needless to say the livelink program is pretty easy to use. Although I do have a couple questions maybe some of you wonderful people could shed some light on for me.

Mind you I have installed a Ford Racing Pro Cal tuner!!!

Question 1):

AFR bank 1&2 readings read in the ballpark of 7.8-8.2, when I do the table calculations to change lambda to AFR it tells me that at idle my A/F ratio is sitting at 9.8 basically but when i go from idle to 50% throttle or higher it starts rising to 12.7 which I find profoundly odd, should it not be Vice-versa?!

Question 2):

My two data log runs, I set knock PID's on and still for some reason it registers 0 on the scale in LiveLink. Could the knock sensor be possibly turned off with this FRPP Pro-Cal tuner? If so, WHY?

Thank you for taking the time to read this article to whomever skims it

I own a 2012 Mustang GT

Joey8

Established Member
Hi new to these parts of the forums. Insomnia has been bad the last couple days, so I decided to data log on X-mas eve and day where there wasn't a soul anywhere on the roads in my town. Needless to say the livelink program is pretty easy to use. Although I do have a couple questions maybe some of you wonderful people could shed some light on for me.

Mind you I have installed a Ford Racing Pro Cal tuner!!!

Question 1):

AFR bank 1&2 readings read in the ballpark of 7.8-8.2, when I do the table calculations to change lambda to AFR it tells me that at idle my A/F ratio is sitting at 9.8 basically but when i go from idle to 50% throttle or higher it starts rising to 12.7 which I find profoundly odd, should it not be Vice-versa?!

Question 2):

My two data log runs, I set knock PID's on and still for some reason it registers 0 on the scale in LiveLink. Could the knock sensor be possibly turned off with this FRPP Pro-Cal tuner? If so, WHY?

Thank you for taking the time to read this article to whomever skims it

I own a 2012 Mustang GT

Not sure about question one thats odd. But as for question 2, 0 knock is what you are shooting for. Its not pulling or adding timing which is what you want. The A/F ratio at idle at least for me in 14 ish give or take at idle. When i go WOT it settles around 11.8 which is a tad rich but better then a tad lean for me at least.

draxxus131

Established Member
Thank you for replying. I guess assuming is always a bad thing, kept thinking this SoCal gas was not good at all and now I'm being told my ecu is not even adding timing (which I thought was good?). Not even fluctuating at all, is that normal? Zero throughout the entire board!

Joey8

Established Member
Thank you for replying. I guess assuming is always a bad thing, kept thinking this SoCal gas was not good at all and now I'm being told my ecu is not even adding timing (which I thought was good?). Not even fluctuating at all, is that normal? Zero throughout the entire board!

I mean I'm no expert but i believe negative knock is adding timing and postive knock is pulling timing which isn't good. The goal is to get the car tuned so its never pulling timing. The pro-cal tune is said to be conservative so you may be leaving some power on the table by your ecu not adding timing when in fact it can. But zero knock is certainly not something to worry about at all. Whats the peak timing numbers showing? Postyour logs and im sure someone with alot more knowledge can chime in.

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
I will do my best to post a picture. If posted through the svtp linking system can everyone view it in a blown up view, or is it stuck as one size?

draxxus131

Established Member
how would I go about posting up the datalog file, I can't seem to find a way on the user interface of the webpage for posting anything but a img file?

draxxus131

Established Member
Ya I try to drag and drop into the forum and a couple different ways, and my browser on chrome keeps trying to download the file which is weird.

draxxus131

Established Member
How do I go about posting an Excel datalog file into the forums, none of the icons allow files to post only text that I can see.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
How do I go about posting an Excel datalog file into the forums, none of the icons allow files to post only text that I can see.

If you want to email it to me I'll be glad to take a peek. It's a "little" unusual to see no knock sensor activity at all on a WOT pull to the limiter, but I've seen it happen.

[email protected]

bj

draxxus131

Established Member
You sure you responded to the correct email lol. Never got the email response went through my account and... nada.

Users who are viewing this thread