First time at the track school me!

phreakness

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lots of great advice here. You should be all set for your day at the track. Enjoy!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
In my race car, when the tree started down, I would always let the clutch out just enough to barely engage and take any slack out of the drive train. This was with a line lock. On the last yellow, I dropped the hammer. No slipping of the clutch there. If you are running slicks, you WANT to shock the tires. They bite harder. On street tires, just lower your launch rpm until you get a very slight spin with no bogging.

By the way, by utilizing this clutch technique, I never, ever broke a rear end or tranny. However, I did use up clutches pretty quick...so I would probably be careful about using it on a street car.

shocker 420

Established Member
I got a question for you guys, if you red light, do you still get a slip that tells how you did or did you just mess up really bad and get nothing?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
These Cobra's hate the heat and it slows them down. I put my heater on
full heat and full fan to get the heat out of the engine. Don't put the switch
on "defrost" because it turns on the A/C as well. Put in on "floor". It does get
a bit hot in the car but if you want your best ET, it helps.
Also don't go thru the water box, as front tires will drip water in front of your
drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread