First time at the track. Disappointed!

19935.slow

Established Member
Yeah that's what I'm running for tires, 315-30/18 hoosier dr. I love the tires, they hook great on the street.

More side wall would be nice, but that is besides the point. The way the car sits, it def has a low 11 in it. Seat time and practice my man.

mr2cam

Established Member
I've got my stock 17s in the garage, how big of a deal is it to run a slick on the them and leave the radials on the front?

I don't think you can get a full slick on a 17, 16 was the biggest they made last time I checked. I ran a skinny radial up front on my MR2 with a slick out back (very short wheelbase) and it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Before you start dumping more money into the car you need to hit the track a few more times, 19935 is right you should be able to snooze your way to low 11s with some practice and high 10s are very doable with your power level and some traction.

Dont overthink this stuff, untill you get more seat time and get comfortable with the car any changes you make probably wont help much.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
OP, I feel your disappointment, I ran a 11.6@122 with my 18" Saleens/Hoosiers, and was bummed, but the reality of it is, it was my first time out with my new combo. Like the guys said, more trial and error with your suspension, and seat time, you will net better times. I know that's what I need to do as well.

Users who are viewing this thread