First time at the track. Disappointed!

Ford2ner

Established Member
Those hoosiers are one of the best hooking drag radials out there, my brother cut a 1.49 on the 335/30-18s and i cut a 1.59 on the 315/30-17s. I believe the track was slick but what is your burnout technique? I think the more you spin the higher trap arguement here depends.. Lets say i run my car on a slicks and dead hook i might trap 135 then i run again and roast first gear and hook the rest of the gears the car might trap 138. i can leave the car the way it is and put a 100% hard tire on the car and spin the whole way down the track i gaurantee it wouldnt trap over 125, it depends on the power of the car

mcallister

Established Member
I burn out until they smoke pretty good, roll it out a little and line it up. I tried launching off my 2 step as low as 2500 and riding the clutch out and also tried just dumping at 2500. I guess I should've mentioned it was a night time test and tune and outside temp was about 58-60. I can pretty much hook first gear on the street and don't spin 2nd at all. I couldn't get it to hook in 1st, 2nd and had to be kind of easy on 3rd at the track for some reason. Maybe disconnecting my sway bar would help out?

Last edited:

rwboring

Established Member
I burn out until they smoke pretty good, roll it out a little and line it up. I tried launching off my 2 step as low as 2500 and riding the clutch out and also tried just dumping at 2500. I guess I should've mentioned it was a night time test and tune and outside temp was about 58-60. I can pretty much hook first gear on the street and don't spin 2nd at all. I couldn't get it to hook in 1st, 2nd and had to be kind of easy on 3rd at the track for some reason. Maybe disconnecting my sway bar would help out?

Spinnin ain't winnin

19935.slow

Established Member
Wrong, as your 60' gets better trap speed drops. To be honest I don't think he's making near 700rwhp. Sounds like a happy dyno

That is the oldest myth out there. Harder you hook the faster you accelerate. There is no arguing that. Plenty can happen down the track after to kill mph, but it is as simple as that.

mcallister

Established Member
I found my other time slip. 12.0 @ 122. I thought it was 126 for some reason.
gasyqaqe.jpg

mcallister

Established Member
Well I removed my sway bar tonight and set my rear shocks...driver side 3 from softest, passenger 7 from softest. Do you think this will help at all?

mcallister

Established Member
Well the car naturally wants to twist to the right so I guess I was thinking it would help to even it out some? Same idea as people putting an airbag in one side?

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I have Strange 10 way adjustables front and rear on my cobra and run full to one click soft on front and full to one click hard out back with ET Streets. My 60's went from 2.1X to a best of 1.64 from nothing more than shock adjustments. My traps were always the same, however. 123-126mph no matter where my 60 was but my et dropped from running 12.2x to 11.4x's. I think seat time and sorting out the suspension some will help more than anything. Where was your rear tire pressure set at the strip?

0310thstock

Established Member
I think the shock settings had a lot to do with it.
I tried running soft out back once and all it would do is bog, then spin.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Seat time plus make sure you are letting the car cool down. Heat soak will definitely set in and effect power/trap speed. What are you shifting at?

mcallister

Established Member
Shifting at about 6800. The car wasn't heat soaking, my trap speed stayed pretty consistent. I guess I'll have to try stiffening up my rears.

mr2cam

Established Member
You will more then likely pick up MPH when you get your car to hook, with as bad as it sounds you were probably not able to get into it all the way until it stopped spinning, and that will cause a bad trap speed. I had a really small 225 hoosier DR on my MR2 and cut a couple 1.55 60fts with it, by far the best drag radial I had ran (I tried just about every single one).

Users who are viewing this thread