"First" Terminator threads

CbraSvt01

Banned
Obviously the hype is getting larger than ever with these new GT500s coming out. Its kinda cool to see all the new threads with pictures of ones sitting on the showroom floors. I was thinking what was it like when the Terminator first came out? At the time I had a 98 cobra and thought the new cobra was way out of my price range at 35k. Was there lots of discussions on how overpriced the terminator was when it first came out? If anyone has any old school threads with the first 03 04 spottings please post em up. It would be cool to take a trip down memory lane and see all the excited comments about the first blown cobra.

Long live the Terminator. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember the rush when I drove an '03 my dealer had on his lot. I was hooked. Believe me, back then I felt so blessed that I could pay full sticker. Other dealers were marking them up by $5,000.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
for me the first thing about the Terminator was the Motor Trend with the red one on the cover.. I KNEW then that I had to have one.. it took me awhile before I was able to get one, but once I did I was all smiles..

the GT500 hasn't done anything like that for me, nor has any other car I've seen that was even possibly within my price range, except for the C5 Corvette, and I got one of those a year after they came out..

Users who are viewing this thread