First SVT owner

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't remember if I used the lock and stitch or timesert on my heads. But it wasn't bad at all. Go slow and use lots of grease.

I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything about the car. I have a soft spot for 01's as that was my first Cobra. I just like to make sure people have what they paid for.

fldime

Established Member
1. Trying to decide on plug repair. Lock n stich Full Torque Ford 4valve kit is what Iam thinking about
2. Removed the old style On3 gen one turbo kit. Trying to figure what I need to delete or replace to get it back to NA
3. Guess I really need to buy ford shop manuals for it.
May ask you about random vacuum hoses and things. Also my motor seems that passenger side is lower than the drivers side. Could be just a bad motor mount. It does have a tubular K member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Might want to ask in the New Edge Cobra section when it gets to the tech stuff. You'll probably get more views.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Welcome to the mix! Now you can learn what you have been missing out on (SVT vehicles)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
1. Trying to decide on plug repair. Lock n stich Full Torque Ford 4valve kit is what Iam thinking about
2. Removed the old style On3 gen one turbo kit. Trying to figure what I need to delete or replace to get it back to NA
May ask you about random vacuum hoses and things. Also my motor seems that passenger side is lower than the drivers side. Could be just a bad motor mount. It does have a tubular K member

As mentioned start a thread for it and Post pics of the engine bay from various angles and people can tell ya what’s missing/how to get it running again

I wouldn’t be surprised if it needs motor mounts

fldime

Established Member
As mentioned start a thread for it and Post pics of the engine bay from various angles and people can tell ya what’s missing/how to get it running again

I wouldn’t be surprised if it needs motor mounts
Will next weekend before I get too see it again

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Just bought my first Cobra. It’s a 2001 performance red. It’s has a On3 gen one turbo kit. Blew the #2 spark plug out. We’ll repair the head. Also number 8 was stripped, another repair. Iam deleting the turbo kit and going NA with it. This was all done before I bought it. Been into cars my whole life, Iam 73 now. This should be fun
ahhh yes.. the ol Mod Motor Spark Plug Rocket Launcher. enjoy

Modular>LS

Established Member
+1 vote for the Lock n Stitch kit. I repaired a few plug holes on some 2 valve heads with their insert kit. Very well designed tooling and straightforward repair procedure. The only issue I had was them significantly overcharging me on the kit rental and not honoring their quoted pricing. The repair kit is great, I wouldn't use anything else to repair modular engine plug holes, just keep an eye on the invoice

Users who are viewing this thread