First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn impressive. Curious to see how long the FPC holds up with boost.

I doubt it's the crank, but the pods and pistons. I also agree with the other posts, this should stay a NA engine. This car with the suspension, etc was designed to be a track car, not 1320 monster.

RSbeast

Established Member
I'm sure a PD blower just loves 9k rpm.

I'd go centri for sure and keep the fantastic intake

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I doubt it's the crank, but the pods and pistons. I also agree with the other posts, this should stay a NA engine. This car with the suspension, etc was designed to be a track car, not 1320 monster.

I agree. Sorry I meant the engine in general. Impressive for sure but I agree with your statement it would be fun to drive in the twisties.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nice numbers!! I think some of you guys are stuck in the old days way of thinking. I remember when the Coyote first came out many said it wouldn't respond well with boost.....same was said for this engine and well....

9K RPM? Is that what they pulled to on the dyno? Wasn't there another thread where a stock GT350 was dyno'd and it started falling on its face after 7k rpm? Let me find it....

SCalla1384

Established Member

I'd go centri for sure and keep the fantastic intake

Considering the car made 820whp at just 11.6psi, I'd say yeah it likes it. Also, not sure where you're coming up with 9k rpm. The pulled stopped at 7800, and actually looked like it was still climbing.

The whipple helps with power down low. Which is what the GT350 lacks.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Why do so many people get so butt hurt about people not using this car at a track? It was ment to go around a track, yes. Some people want to go fast in straight line events, what does it matter? You know how many people are going to buy this car, and keep it locked in a garage and NEVER get used? That's the real dissapointment.

If I'm able to get one, I plan on getting a base package and making it go fast 1/4 mile/roll racing. I'm all set with possibly wrecking a $50k car considering I have basically zero expierence road racing a car.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Why do so many people get so butt hurt about people not using this car at a track? It was ment to go around a track, yes. Some people want to go fast in straight line events, what does it matter? You know how many people are going to buy this car, and keep it locked in a garage and NEVER get used? That's the real dissapointment.

If I'm able to get one, I plan on getting a base package and making it go fast 1/4 mile/roll racing. I'm all set with possibly wrecking a $50k car considering I have basically zero expierence road racing a car.

I can't recall if it was this bad with the Boss when it came out and people started to boost them.

Oh no, a track oriented car is getting boosted! How dare people use their car not for the intended purpose

MachME

2V Power
Established Member

I could name a couple........it is a unique mustang specifically designed for turns. A blower is creating excess heat which is bad for road racing and 800+hp is going to be hard to control. What is the point of making this car a straight line car when you can do the same in a base model? I don't understand that for many cars, zo6 etc. You essentially have a better handling gt500 now.

I am interested to see how the model holds up with the blower though.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
The amount of strong opinionated people this car brings out is amazing. How come it's OK to throw power adders to Vipers, Z06's, FGT's, ETC that are all track oriented cars but you can't this one? Great results, can't wait to see them beat the shit out of it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread