First one ever!

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
Just thought I would share in the excitement with the community. Had my first hole in one (not Mini-Golf) yesterday during my city's biggest tournament of the year. It was a 136yd. par 3, gritty right, moisture left. The wind was 10-15 right to left slightly in my face. I had just bought my first crown and coke for the day right before I stepped up to the tee box. Earlier I had opted out of a $20 birdie chance on the previous par 3 and bogeyed, so I figured this would be $20 much better spent for me and my partner. I stepped up with an 8-iron, and just wanted to copy what I had seen the 2 guys before me do which was land the right side of the green, and trickle down to the pin on the left. Well, I did, but when my ball hit, it checked up really hard, and pulled straight left as the wind was already working it's magic on the ball before it contacted the green. Then I saw the ball dissapear, and in a state of confusion ( I hear this is what most people feel ), I angrily asked where my ball had dissapeared to. At first I thought it has just disappeared behind someone elses ball in my group, untill everyone around me started yelling and jumping around. It was the most memorable moment in my golfing life. What a great feeling it is to know that I already have it out of the way, and never have to worry about accomplishing it sometime later down the road. For those of you that have never had one, I hope that you get to experience it one day soon. It is definately a memorable moment that you will never forget for as long as you live. Hell, I play with a scratch golfer in his late 40's quite often, and he has never hit an ace. I have had plenty of fairway and chip-in eagles, but none compare. Just make sure to bring your wallet to the 19th hole. I think that I dropped $600 that I sure as hell don't have right now, but you never want to upset the Golf Gods by breaking tradition. Lets hear you guys' stories!:beer:

GHIG RTR

Banned
Congrats bro! My dad once did it on the 9th hole of par 3 course here in SA. It is definetly one of my goals to do.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Congratulations! :beer: That is very exciting! I don't golf but come from a family of golfers so I know how excited you must be!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dude, that's awesome! You didn't just do it with a few friends but in a tournament in front of a bun of people. I don't play golf anymore but I know how hard that is and how pumped you would be after that.

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
Pics or ban

j/k congrats.

The only pic I have is from my cell phone of the ball in the cup. I didn't think to get anyone to take my picture, but I can send you the link to the local newspaper that has it in there. You would not believe all the freebies you get from a hole in one.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Cool.
My dad has busted the cup on the fly but the ball bounced about 10ft from the pin after impact. He's hit the stick and the flag a couple times but no ace.

List some of the freebies. Any T&A from it? lol

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
Cool.
My dad has busted the cup on the fly but the ball bounced about 10ft from the pin after impact. He's hit the stick and the flag a couple times but no ace.

List some of the freebies. Any T&A from it? lol

Actually, yeah, my partner convinced the drink cart girl to flash us in all the excitement. She wasn't exactly a "10", but I'll take it. I got a $100 gift card to the proshop for winning closest to the pin challenge on that hole (0'0" haha), I got a bag tag from Titleist that says "Hole in One" with my name engraved on the back (hit a Titleist ProV1x #7), I got $200 gift card to Academy, my partners company is buying me a trophy plaque for the ball and scorecard, free drinks at the 19th all night, free round of golf with cart at the country club, a towel and ball marker/divot repair tool from the country club, a framed certificate from Cleveland Golf (my brand irons), and a little congrats' session with the wifey.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Actually, yeah, my partner convinced the drink cart girl to flash us in all the excitement. She wasn't exactly a "10", but I'll take it. I got a $100 gift card to the proshop for winning closest to the pin challenge on that hole (0'0" haha), I got a bag tag from Titleist that says "Hole in One" with my name engraved on the back (hit a Titleist ProV1x #7), I got $200 gift card to Academy, my partners company is buying me a trophy plaque for the ball and scorecard, free drinks at the 19th all night, free round of golf with cart at the country club, a towel and ball marker/divot repair tool from the country club, a framed certificate from Cleveland Golf (my brand irons), and a little congrats' session with the wifey.

Thats awsome. :beer:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Congrats! I can't wait to get my first. I'm come close twice. First one, the ball struck the pin about 6" to 1' above the cup and caused it to kick hard right into a damn bunker. The other time was on a short 110 yd'er with a strong 20+ crosswind. I started the ball way out to the right and let the wind bring it back to the green. I thought for sure it was going in but rolled right on the front edge of the cup. Had a leaf fell against it, the damn thing probably would have fell in but it was the easiest tap in ever, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread