First modifications/suggestions for 2010 GT500

Mbiro594

Established Member
Exactly what I needed to hear ^ thank you man, for the synthetic transmission fluid, any suggestions on brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merkyworks

Established Member
I already has a MGW 2 shifter on the car for about a year then finally swapped the EOM trans fluid to Amsoil and WOW did it make a difference. Those 2 mods will make shifting 100% better.

Mbiro594

Established Member
For those who did the MGW shifter, is it a hard install? I have always had Steeda Tri Ax and that looks a lot easier and doesn't require getting under the car

RBB

Established Member
For those who did the MGW shifter, is it a hard install? I have always had Steeda Tri Ax and that looks a lot easier and doesn't require getting under the car

You'd have to get under the car with the Steeda too....no way the shifter is coming out or going in from up top. Don't waste your time with the Steeda, if you're going to do the shifter, the MGW is hands down the best one out there.

It's not a bad install. The only difficult thing about it is the lack of space you're dealing with. If you have any plans to go to a one piece driveshaft then do them both at the same time. The shifter is much easier to do with the driveshaft out of the way.

Mbiro594

Established Member
Ok I didn't realize the Steeda required getting under the car as well. I'm renting a lift to do my exhaust so I guess I'll just take the day to do it all. Hit a bump in the road, the shop I would use to pass inspections on the mid pipe got hit with fines and I can't run it without cats.

That being said, what axle back exhaust you guys like? I had stingers on my 04 cobra and loved the sound but everyone seems to choose Atak for this year GT500.

RBB

Established Member
Ok I didn't realize the Steeda required getting under the car as well. I'm renting a lift to do my exhaust so I guess I'll just take the day to do it all. Hit a bump in the road, the shop I would use to pass inspections on the mid pipe got hit with fines and I can't run it without cats.

That being said, what axle back exhaust you guys like? I had stingers on my 04 cobra and loved the sound but everyone seems to choose Atak for this year GT500.

You can drop the shifter in from inside the car, but the arms that connect it to the trans as well as the bolt to the trans linkage must all be dealt with from underneath. MGW has a great install video on Youtube.

I like the ATAKs. They're one of the louder options, so if you can't run an offroad midpipe then they're a good choice.

Mbiro594

Established Member
So I found a place I can actually rent a lift, going to attempt to install the MGW.. if it's halfway out and I can't finish it.. one of you who convinced me to do it needs to make the trip out here to help lol.. appreciate all the help guys. I'll update with an install/start up video.. my buddy has a YouTube channel and makes really quality videos so hopefully it will help someone looking for the right exhaust in the future

Mbiro594

Established Member
So I ended up getting the Roush Extreme axle back and plan on adding an H pipe down the road. Just had a baby so I don't want it too loud for the first few months and wake everyone in my house up lol.

My buddy made a professional video for YouTube with install, start up, go pro driving and drive bys that I will post when he uploads it. For now I took a two quick videos of a drive by for anyone interested.

Sorry for the comments on the video lol I was impressed when I heard it outside of the car with my buddy driving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread