First (for me) Track testing the CJ intake manifold

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Testing was done at the 10/18/13 MIR track rental, Car is a 2014 Gt/CS A6, Fully loaded down to the navigation and power passenger seat. Only mods are

CJ intake manifold
SCJ Throttle body
Home made 5 inch CAI
JLT catch can (passenger side)
DSS one piece ds
Lethal off road H
Circle D 5C converter
Race star wheels (15x10 275/50/15)
Sway bar disconnected

Suspension is 100% stock

Only weight reduction was removal of the strut tower brace, Everything else was still there down to the spare tire.

Started the day off with a [email protected] (-23DA) and after a few tune changes ended up with a [email protected] (+480DA). Shift points on the .23 pass were 1-2 7100/ 2-3 7600/ I think with getting the 1-2 shift higher and changing some things were the converter locks should pick it up another tenth.

I wanted to test the factory IM at the same time along with a 4 1/2 CAI for CJ IM but we did not have enough time. But i will do that another day here soon.

Comparing these times to some of my other customers Boss intake combos i am still unsure if this manifold is worth all the extra money over the Boss, I do believe the CJ manifold does make more power though, Once I do some more testing with it over the next month i will be able to come up with a better answer to that (Only in my opinion).

This is not a very good comparison, but the car had been a best of 11.63@116 in +222DA with the factory manifold and factory air box (different track, different days). The only mods for this pass was the converter, off road H, 275/40/17 drag radials, and the sway bar disconnected. So i added quite a few things along with the CJ manifold.

I am not trying to set any records here, there are a few guys out there going way faster then me, I just wanted to share the times it ran at the track rental:beer:

Below are a few videos and the worst and best time slips of the day.

MIR_slip_2_zps5f3634cf.jpg

MIR_slip_1_zpsf6a8cdc1.jpg

MIR_1_zps00799bf5.jpg

th_DSC_0357.jpg

th_mirpass_zpsb515df9a.jpg

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Awesome results man! Very thankful to have someone like you on the board doing independent testing and sharing your results!

From the slips it looks like you for sure have a 10.99 pass in the car.

-Thomas

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Great testing! I'd imagine running out that 1st gear will do wonders for ya! am I correct in reading this, you did not use E-85 on this run ? I could see getting 1st gear figured out add some Long Tubes and E-85 you'll be well into the high 10's. Impressive! awesome results!

Blazer still no trips to the track for you ?!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Nice to see some results, congrats! I think because of how late they came out this year, not many people including myself have been able to really get to the track and see whats the best you can get from them. Either way, just by MPH the car is definitely moving a lot better up top.

nordy racer

Established Member
man your car is running strong that day.. it was nice meeting you and chatting.. i wish mine was running as quick as yours..

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Great testing! I'd imagine running out that 1st gear will do wonders for ya! am I correct in reading this, you did not use E-85 on this run ? I could see getting 1st gear figured out add some Long Tubes and E-85 you'll be well into the high 10's. Impressive! awesome results!

Blazer still no trips to the track for you ?!

Hopefully Ill be at the track for TNT on Saturday.

86merc

Established Member
Congrats on the ET. I think as we see more of the cj combos tested and refined at the track we will see some people being able to get tenth and a half to 3 tenth advantage over the other intakes. It seems there has not been much testing and tuning with them as they are new. But your ET and mph are promising.

I know a few of us want to get out soon and see what we can do with them. DA corrected my cj ran better by almost 2 tenths. But on a lazier 60' time. I hope I can get out a few more times before the tracks close here. Slave cylinder went out on mine so it was down as I added a new clutch and am breaking it in.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think the mph shows is wrth it

^Second that
5- 5.5mph trap difference and knocking on the doors of 10's thats awesome man!!! Hope i get some what close results to what you guys have been putting down so far.. and no headers either to boot!! congrats

This is on a roush tune?

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Congrats Mike!

Thanks Shaun!! It really means a lot!

Maybe some longtubes ..will help a bit ..

No long tubes for me yet, I am going to test this set up for a while first.

man your car is running strong that day.. it was nice meeting you and chatting.. i wish mine was running as quick as yours..

It was great meeting you as well! For what you have the car is running very strong!! I am going to be coming back this Friday night, Hope to see you there!

Stock gear?

Yes sir!

Congrats on the ET. I think as we see more of the cj combos tested and refined at the track we will see some people being able to get tenth and a half to 3 tenth advantage over the other intakes. It seems there has not been much testing and tuning with them as they are new. But your ET and mph are promising.

I know a few of us want to get out soon and see what we can do with them. DA corrected my cj ran better by almost 2 tenths. But on a lazier 60' time. I hope I can get out a few more times before the tracks close here. Slave cylinder went out on mine so it was down as I added a new clutch and am breaking it in.

^Second that
5- 5.5mph trap difference and knocking on the doors of 10's thats awesome man!!! Hope i get some what close results to what you guys have been putting down so far.. and no headers either to boot!! congrats

This is on a roush tune?

I agree on testing, I think once you and others get out for some testing this intake will show true promise! I cant wait to see some track times from you guys as well!
I am going back this weekend to try a few more things and the corn, I do believe this car has a 10 sec pass in it with fine tuning everything, So time will tell!

Just to clarify, Tuning wise this is a Rousch (me) tune. My last name is easy to get mixed up with the other Roush!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
WOW!!! Congrats!!
Who's tune are you running?
Do you feel any loss of bit tend torque on the street?
Makes me want to trade mine in on a 14' auto since I can't seem to find a 6R80 to swap into mine.
Was that on 93 octane?

Users who are viewing this thread