First Day with Farley as Ford's CEO

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes, I know 3 years/36K miles. If you engine blew at 37K miles, it's easy to say "maybe you were racing, missed a shift, redlines, and it blew." When it's bubbling/peeling paint, in the hinge area of the hatch (and no it's never been repainted or wrecked), that's 100% without question Ford's fault. Again, the hinge area. This isn't door ding related, tree sap related, etc.

It=f you can get ahold of the right person they will fix it. How many new Fords have you bought over the years?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford MUST retreat from some of its markets to have any chance at long term success. They are too big. Trying to slug it out in countries for peanuts just drags them down. To have as good and massively profitable products such as their F Series, SUV's and commercial vehicles, yet barely eek out a profit half the time is just insane.

That however, will require the Ford family to swallow some of their pride and come to grips that they are no longer the same Ford that HF1 and HFII ran.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Coming up with more electric garbage is not how Ford will get my business back. Fix crap that should never happen, like Mustangs breaking the damn brake pedal. And when there ARE issues, address them NOW. It took nearly 4 years for Ford to replace the airbag in my mother's Lincoln. Totally unacceptable.

electric vehicles are where its headed, like it or not, yell at the clouds all you want. Pretty sure everyone had the airbag issue seeing has how over 60 million were recalled, it's not like Ford makes them.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
His first move as CEO should of been renaming that abortion.

Electric vehicles = death by China. Ask yourself where the Lithium and rare earth minerals for batteries come from. Then ask yourself who has been in power and who they sold out to.

Green Plan = China Plan to transfer wealth.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes, I know 3 years/36K miles. If you engine blew at 37K miles, it's easy to say "maybe you were racing, missed a shift, redlines, and it blew." When it's bubbling/peeling paint, in the hinge area of the hatch (and no it's never been repainted or wrecked), that's 100% without question Ford's fault. Again, the hinge area. This isn't door ding related, tree sap related, etc.
I ask again did you read your warrenty manual?

5 years (regardless of mileage)
If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage is covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.
Ford › help › warranty › corrosion-...
Corrosion Warranty - Ford Support

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bingo! The paint on my 17 is peeling in multiple places, bubbling, rusting, etc...and because I noticed at at 38K miles, 2K over over 36K... Ford told me to go **** myself. How often does one inspect the hinge area of their hatchback? I'm not talking the hood where I could get a rock chip, but the hatch hinge area, somethere 100% protected from everything but water.

Same situation with my wife’s Escape. Just out of warranty, contacted corporate, ESP, etc. etc. No way it should have happened.

Recon

Established Member
I was just being a richard. Sorry about that.

Oh ok, not a problem. It’s a little difficult to interpret how people say things on the internet. In terms of if they’re just messing around or being serious.

Pick your poison.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
His first move as CEO should of been renaming that abortion.

Electric vehicles = death by China. Ask yourself where the Lithium and rare earth minerals for batteries come from. Then ask yourself who has been in power and who they sold out to.

Green Plan = China Plan to transfer wealth.
Apparently it was his idea to name the e a mustang. For me that seriously tarnished the actual Mustangs name!

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It=f you can get ahold of the right person they will fix it. How many new Fords have you bought over the years?

This was my first new one. Dealer did a "tape test" to see how much paint would simply peel off via a piece of tape and even he was shocked. Then he called me back 3 hours later and goes, "Sorry man, overlooked your mileage, you're SOL."

I ask again did you read your warrenty manual?

5 years (regardless of mileage)
If aluminum body panels have corrosion or rust damage and the damage is not the result of abnormal usage, vehicle accident, customer actions or extreme environmental conditions, the corrosion or rust damage is covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.
Ford › help › warranty › corrosion-...
Corrosion Warranty - Ford Support

I've argued with Ford via email and twitter. They keep using the term "perforation." If there's not a hole, they don't care.

EDIT, from your link: " Coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. "

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This was my first new one. Dealer did a "tape test" to see how much paint would simply peel off via a piece of tape and even he was shocked. Then he called me back 3 hours later and goes, "Sorry man, overlooked your mileage, you're SOL."

I've argued with Ford via email and twitter. They keep using the term "perforation." If there's not a hole, they don't care.

EDIT, from your link: " Coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. "

Have you contacted Ford corporate? I would not stop and continue on in a polite manner.

I have had great luck getting warranty work done. But also have a good relationship with my ford dealership too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Have you contacted Ford corporate? I would not stop and continue on in a polite manner.

I have had great luck getting warranty work done. But also have a good relationship with my ford dealership too.

I believe he is correct. I think @DriftwoodSVT went thru this with his first Raptor. Ford wants rust holes to cover corrosion which is bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member

I've seen a couple emails, made a couple calls and it seems to keep coming back to "perforation"

My local dealer sucks and thus I bought the car 1,000 miles away where it was $2,500 cheaper.

Here's after their tape test. Now that whole area is rusty.

Other areas:

Recently I've noticed this:
That's the lip of the hatch where it seems rust is just coming through somehow.

Plus there's a large plastic panel that houses the license plate lights. Seems on both sides of that, it's rubbed the paint off the hatch as well.

Ready for the worst one? I only noticed this like 6 months back. If you close the hatch only halfway, seems the paint if also peeling on the lip leading up to the roofline too.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I believe he is correct. I think @DriftwoodSVT went thru this with his first Raptor. Ford wants rust holes to cover corrosion which is bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% Should be covered and Kevins89notch should continue to get it covered.
I've seen a couple emails, made a couple calls and it seems to keep coming back to "perforation"

My local dealer sucks and thus I bought the car 1,000 miles away where it was $2,500 cheaper.

Here's after their tape test. Now that whole area is rusty.

Other areas:

Recently I've noticed this:
That's the lip of the hatch where it seems rust is just coming through somehow.

Plus there's a large plastic panel that houses the license plate lights. Seems on both sides of that, it's rubbed the paint off the hatch as well.

Ready for the worst one? I only noticed this like 6 months back. If you close the hatch only halfway, seems the paint if also peeling on the lip leading up to the roofline too.

Man thats really bad man, definitely keep contacting ford, file a complaint too.

Also it definitely is worth checking with your selling dealership even though its far away they maybe able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread