first cobra

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Ain't that the truth! And the main reason why I sold my '03. Surely I've saved at least $15K in mods since selling it. LOL.

Flores8787

Established Member
So I've been running the cobra for almost a month now here in Texas. Rain is crazy, the bad thing is the top has a annoying leak that creates a puddle behind the back seat. Took cobra to a performance shop and was quoted the following.

Labor:
Replace spark plugs and compression check $225
Pull blower, clean lower intake and intercooler, replace gaskets and vacuum lines as necessary $450
Swap SC pulley $90
Install cold air intake $45 ( free if we pull the blower to clean it)
Install off road midpipe $135
Custom dyno tune with SCT X4 tuner $779.00

Parts:
JLT prefilter / oil separator $47.00
NGK TR6 spark plugs $23.92
2.93in SC pulley (+5psi) $119
JLT ram air intake $265.00 (+$30 for DSG paint)
Off road midpipe $265.21

What do you guys think?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
So I've been running the cobra for almost a month now here in Texas. Rain is crazy, the bad thing is the top has a annoying leak that creates a puddle behind the back seat. Took cobra to a performance shop and was quoted the following.

Labor:
Pull blower, clean lower intake and intercooler, replace gaskets and vacuum lines as necessary $450
Swap SC pulley $90

Parts:
Off road midpipe $265.21

What do you guys think?

You could do everything but the tune yourself....... 225 to change plugs??? that's insane.

HPLouis

Established Member

Labor:
Swap SC pulley $90

Parts:
Off road midpipe $265.21

What do you guys think?

Holy crap. Time to find some dudes on here and have a get together. Good thing Texas has a strong Mustang presence. You can do most of it yourself.

You can do the plugs yourself. You can install the CAI yourself. You can do the x pipe yourself.

The S/C pulley and tune......you might need them to do that unless you're willing to go the SCT Pro Racer route. You'll need the tune with the pulley.

I don't see the reason to pull and clean the blower.

Flores8787

Established Member
I don't see the reason to pull and clean the blower.[/QUOTE]

The tech noticed a leak coming from the intake , and recommended taking it apart and cleaning it.
Although I am not getting much of a boost and seem not to be able to hit high rpm's

Flores8787

Established Member
So I am getting ready to buy some mods for my cobra, but it seems any mods would need a tune. looking into the usal RAI, pulleys for now. I am wondering what is the difference of Dyno tune and hand held tune, ?

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Hand held tune is possibly ok if you want to take the chance. Dyno tune is a sure thing if your tuner knows what they are doing. So comes down to do you want to save money? Or save your motor? Also with Dyno tune you will probably get better numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread