First 2014 on Dealer Lot.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Spoke too SVT about my unit on order today.
Was told that no unit has been produced yet & not until next week production starting up.
How is there a 2014 unit allready on a Dealer lot.
Was I not given proper information from SVT on production being not till next week.

Mine was built 2-19 and has an ETA of 4 Mar, subject to change of course!

jbs$

Established Member
Although my attempt to do business with Sandy Springs Ford last summer was unsuccessful, I don't fault their business model. They buy a lot of Shelby's, then advertise the hell out of having them. This generates 15-25 prospects for each car, then it becomes someone's job to close one of them. Didn't work for me so they just moved on to the next guy in line.
The bet now is, the 13 and 14 cars are the same. Anyone looking for a 14 will get the " very limited production" story but, we can put you into the same car, a 13, now. For an impatient buyer, this will work.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I remember dealing with them for a '13. El Douchebagarino's fo sho.

agreed, they are super sketchy. I spent 4 hours there on saturday trying to buy a 2013 and the best they would offer was $7500 over MSRP. he gave me this whole song and dance about how these will be the 6 figure collector shelbys of the future, blah, blah, blah. needless to say, I walked. turns out they aren't even an SVT dealer, they buy their Shelbys from other dealers and always mark them up.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
agreed, they are super sketchy. I spent 4 hours there on saturday trying to buy a 2013 and the best they would offer was $7500 over MSRP. he gave me this whole song and dance about how these will be the 6 figure collector shelbys of the future, blah, blah, blah. needless to say, I walked. turns out they aren't even an SVT dealer, they buy their Shelbys from other dealers and always mark them up.

Theres no such thing as an SVT or non svt dealer anymore.

If you pay the $2k fee- you get can order Shelby's. They get their own, and they also buy them from smaller rural dealers that wont/can't afford them on their floor plan- just want to make a quick $6-8k and sell it to them.

They also went out and bought a bunch of the magazine test cars, and Ford Exec cars...with 3000-6000 miles (probably hard) on them- and try to sell them for MSRP- even though they are used cars.

Crossroads bought some of these as well.

What they're doing sucks, but I'd call it more of a decent plan, corner as much of the market as possible. Sell the sizzle, find the idiots- and sell the cars over market. Those of us that aren't idiots- know better- and do our own shopping.

If I was still a Ford dealer- I would have bought up as many used ones as I could have. I just would have refused to sell any car, new or used above MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread