Finally!!

predator

Established Member
I didn't say anything sooner because I had not been able to take any pics, but the long awaited new powerplant finally sits in the garage. I am pretty excited at the prospect of finally getting the car back on the road. It has been a long "overhaulin" session up to this point! Still have a little bit to go before I can turn the key.

DSCF1501.JPG

DSCF1502.JPG

DSCF1503.JPG

The motor is courtesy of Al Papitto @ Boss330racing. It is built on a Windsor block taken from a Mach I with all eight holes straightened .20 over. It has the stock Cobra crank, Manley billet rods, CP pistons @ 9.5:1, billet oil pump gears, Canton RR pan and a few other mods to effect cooling. I asked Al to block off the heater core input to the back of the water pump and knock the freeze plug out of the back of the driver's head. As you can see, I had also sent Al my Foxlake heads to complete the assembly. The heads are ported/polished, milled flat, and assembled with Crower stage III cams, titanium retainers, new guides and Ferrea valves. I will be using the complete Evans cooling setup and a modified version of the LDC mod to plumb directly back to the Fluidyne radiator/oil cooler. I will be running a return fuel system, fuel rails, 60lb injectors and a Whipple 2.3. For fun I have a 6lb lower to push air at 19psi and then a 3.0 upper to get around the 21-23 range to play with you guys at the straight track. I will probably back it down a bit for the 20-30 minute sessions on the track that I am really looking forward to! :beer:

TRBO VNM

pure beauty Dave. Can't wait to get my hands on it and help you turn some wrenches. After this weekend we need to setup some dates to get it all done. :beer:

predator

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
pure beauty Dave. Can't wait to get my hands on it and help you turn some wrenches. After this weekend we need to setup some dates to get it all done. :beer:

LOL!! I am going to need my own "overhaulin" mod party to get everything together. Looking forward to getting another set of hands with me to speed things up a bit. :beer:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Dave,
Count me in on helping out. From what you described, you aren't playing around. That is one sweet setup you have there. I can't wait to see her fly by me :burnout: :rockon:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
SWEET!!! Cant wait to see your car once everything is done. I'm sure you cant wait as well. Let me know if you need any help, I'd be glad to lend you a hand... :beer:

predator

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the offers too. :beer: One of the things that is so great about this club! I should be ready to start within the next week or two. I am going to try to finish pulling the factory motor by this weekend. It will stay intact so I am collecting bolts and gaskets from my local Ford dealer for the new assembly.

TRBO VNM

Dave,

I think you need to have everything. looks like we can get a group of people together and knock everything out in a weekend. :rockon: you better find room in your place. :beer:

predator

Established Member
LOL!! You have not seen my list of things to do! :-D There is no doubt though that with this group most.....if not all.....could be accomplished. Going at my pace it will be two years in April since I have driven the car. I have accomplished a lot......just not fast enough.

I will be picking up some items from the Ford dealer this evening and ordering a few more. When the time comes I should have everything. ;-)

Last edited:

predator

Established Member
MTShambles said:
Hi, my name is Jealous. Nice to meet you.

:lol: Don't be jealous. I am just building a car that I have always dreamed of. I have had a few Mustangs in my time, but nothing close to what I have now. Half the fun has been figuring out what the ultimate car would be in my mind and putting it together. I guess I am realizing at this point that I am ready to enjoy the other part........driving it! :beer:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Hey, in the future I plan on forging internals in my Teksid block, changing out the heads to something that actually makes low end torque, and put some forced induction on with lots and lots of boost.

I heart my strong Teksid. Its my friend :).

TRBO VNM

predator said:
You never know......I may just decide to sell my factory motor. The job would already be done! :rockon:

I got dibs on the block...hehehe. need something to send Al.

predator

Established Member
Jason....blocks are cheap. Especially if you contact Al and see what he already has in shop. Saves shipping too! :thumbsup: If I sell mine it would probably be complete asis. It only has 5.5k miles on it! Between that....the original tranny and all the other parts I have replaced it might be a great package for someone building a notch. Just have not decided yet. My original thought was to keep everything for a future project....but for the right $$$..........

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
That is the same set-up I want to go with next winter. New everything and sell my stock shortblock or possibly long block.

predator

Established Member
mixxer......sent you a PM.

Lou.....your car already runs like a beast! Good to have a plan to replace the factory setup though.

Again.....thanks for the offers guys. :beer: I am seriously considering taking you all up on it. I usually do all my own work, but projects at home and at work have really slowed me down to a standstill this past year. I need to move at a faster pace if I am going to be able to enjoy driving it! Besides.....it would be good to get some of you down my neck of the woods. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread