Finally upgraded the track toy ...

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Well, I have finally broke down and got another track toy. I love the Evo, but wanted something with a bit more power, and something that would have a bit more potential. Here are some shots of the old and the new.
11228523_10153254317319694_5138116626008895332_o_zpsguqn3ksg.jpg

DSC_0002%201_zps8h8wintu.jpg

DSC_0004%201_zpswdgw1bsi.jpg

Here is a vid of the car at the first track day, on the run flats, bone stock, and my first time left foot braking and using paddle shifters. And no, I didn't use the nannies, I can't stand them, they rob power, and generate too much heat. I'd rather the car move around a bit. You can see in the vid, it rotates nicely with the nannies off. There is a ton left in the car, I am moving to coil-overs, and adding a stage one, adding about 75whp to the car. More importantly, I adding venting to the brakes, and a bigger tranny cooler.

https://video-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=e3058d848dfdd9e364e9d6a56b54e924&oe=55E543E5

Speedboosted

Established Member
Hm...I questioning what was coming next after I read the part about wanting something faster and more potential than an Evo. I like the choice! :)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
quite the step up. But WTF are nannies

As knowledgeable as you are about cars, I don't believe for one second you don't know WTF "nannies" are.

OP - Nice step up and looking forward to what you have in store for it! FYI, vid doesn't seem to work.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
nice upgrade. you just went from bench pressing 50lbs to 200! lol

HandBanana

Established Member
Is it still absurdly expensive to replace brakes on those things? I love both cars but the Evo is just as capable if you put the money into it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully you didn't sell the RS!

Sick and very rare EVO.

Love the GTR too.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
First, the Evo is faster now, it has complete suspension work, JIC w/ Works, and is cornerweighted on 275s on every corner. It also has a shep tranny and t-case, and is ready for an AMS motor, but the stocker just keeps making good power, and not giving me issues. So, no reason to jerk it out and spend that money yet. The Evo also weighs in at 2800 (gutted), so even though it has small power, it does great. It really needs a gear mod, and stroker motor to compete with the GTR, as it runs out on top @160mph.

The GTR has already had minor suspension work, lowered on correct springs (1in), and a rear sway bar upgrade, but needs several other small things. I am going to go square on the tire setup, and add a larger tranny cooler. Brakes will get a mild work too, but nothing major. I only plan to up the power to @550whp, as I want it to still be super reliable. No gutting though, i want to keep this car so I can drive it around town, when it isn't on the track. Now that I have the GTR, i will cage the Evo, and probably pull the motor next season.

Overall, I am very impressed with the GTR, I have never had a car that you could put in a predictable slide at 100mph, and run it to the curb with no drama. Amazing machine, and I am truly impressed with the stability at high speed. Even at 150+, the car barely feels like it's moving. I will post pics as things happen, it leaves for ATL tonight to go to TopSpeed for some light work and tuning.

And no, I am not selling the Evo, it was the first stick shift my daughter drove (12), and I could never sell it now. She loves to drive around the 10 acres at the shop in it.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
As knowledgeable as you are about cars, I don't believe for one second you don't know WTF "nannies" are.

OP - Nice step up and looking forward to what you have in store for it! FYI, vid doesn't seem to work.

No seriously...what are nannies.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Welcome to the club! You are going to have a ton of fun in that car!

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Tech assists….

Congrats OP but looking at your sig, didn’t you already own one before? Why sell it the first time?

Yes, I had one in 09, but kept it a very short time, due to the fact, I found although I could afford a GTR, I couldn't afford to track it. At the time, i wanted something I could track.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hm...I questioning what was coming next after I read the part about wanting something faster and more potential than an Evo. I like the choice! :)

LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing. When I saw the GT-R, I breathed a nice sigh of relief. GREAT choice!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Being a huge Evo fan, I am glad to hear you're keeping the RS. Love the GTR too man, ready to see what you do to it!

Users who are viewing this thread