Finally started my winter build

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Well guys I finally found some time to get started on my build. Im doing a ported blower with a fore level 2 return kit on e85. I have a ton of parts I gathered, 80s, jlt hb, sct 3000, metco 4lb lower. I am also doing some h&r race springs, mm cc plates, with all the bushings in the rear and a ford diff cover. Also have a clutch quadrant and adjuster to install as well. Needless to say I have alot of work to do, but I finally got started today. Me and my brother pulled the blower and swapped the injectors. 4 of the injectors came out without the little tan plastic on the tip. I dont know where they fell or if they will cause a problem. Anyone know?

IMAG0782.jpg

Injectors on rail

IMAG0784.jpg

Also funny thing this was in the lower intake. It says Keith was here on it. As far as I could tell its never been pulled apart, car was stock minus catback and intake when I bought it. Maybe something done at the factory?

IMAG0785.jpg

All in all got a good bit done, I am giving johnny a call in the morning to get my porting set up. Plenty to do yet gonna try to get back at it next weekend. I will keep updating as I go over the next few months

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool to see your getting started! It should make some great power with that E85! Who knows maybe that Keith is from the factory? Sometimes it can be very hard though to tell if a cobra motor has been put back to stock.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Yea im not sure either. It was nice to start. Got alot to do. After the football game might be going back out and tackle the 4lb lower or something. Also got a 170 t stat to do and head cooling mod.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea im not sure either. It was nice to start. Got alot to do. After the football game might be going back out and tackle the 4lb lower or something. Also got a 170 t stat to do and head cooling mod.

Cool, great idea on those cooling mods!

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Should be a solid build

You sure it hasn't already been ported? Sounds like Keith might know

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I will be running a stock tank. Definitely not ported, if it its it looks dirty as hell in there from the pcv and not very smooth. I bought the car from a Mike, he had it since 7k miles, for I think 7 years before I bought it in 2012. Really is a mystery who Keith is eh?

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Who's names are on the engine build tag?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Nice list of mods.

Some cars had a recall for the heads. I wonder if Keith could be a tech that worked on the car.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Got some more done today. Got the front springs and cc plates in. 170 thermostat installed along with the alternator pulley and the 4lb lower. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the evenflow if I have time. The car doesnt really sit much lower yet, guess I have to give the springs time to settle.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Also when I got the blower back I painted it wrinkle black, and got it installed with my new jlt intake. Got the clutch quadrant and adjuster on just need to adjust the clutch when I get the seat back in. Only thing fighting me at this point is that egr nut on the manifold. Having a hard time getting that off.

IMAG0804.jpg

IMAG0805.jpg
IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Wow looking good. I would also say that might mean its been twin screwed before. I know at the shop i get dyno tuned at i see parts laying around with customers names sharpied on them so they know what car the belong to. Previous owner named Kieth?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Not that I am aware of. Who knows. I will have to ask my tuner when I go see him again if the ecm has been changed before other than his. Car was all stock minus the catback and intake when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread