Finally picked up a Viper...

sc98cbra

Established Member
Am I the only one who noticed the purchasing of a Mystic Cobra as a freshman in high school? So you had the monies laying around as a 15 year old to buy what was probably at least a 15k car back then? I'd imagine you've had some help with your vehicles considering that statement. However, older Vipers are becoming more and more affordable these days. I've seen quite a few in the high 20/low 30 range.

I purchased my first 04 Cobra for $20k when I was in my senior year of High School. I didn't have any help; my only bills were Insurance, car note, phone bill, and gas. I don't doubt his ability to purchase his mystic at that age.

out99sider

Established Member
Got both rides cleaned up and took some quick cell phone shots…

33ll344.jpg

15gdoxk.jpg

2aj164n.jpg

5owi88.jpg

2jcbgoz.jpg

155q8lj.jpg

2s79u1v.jpg

2edqr2x.jpg

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Lol at the juggling pics. People kill me wanting to question someone they don't know about their money and how they got it.

Spiney

Established Member
Beautiful cars. Not sure why some people are doubting you. You obviously have a very good work ethic and it's your priority. Some people spend a lot of money on cigarets & beer. You've invested in two great cars that have already taken the hit of depreciation and will probably appreciate in value. Much more than than a standard GT or some econobox.

As far as having payments, I'm 52 and just paid off my 96 Cobra. It was a garage queen from the previous owner, has perfect paint, the undercarriage looks new. Was never driven in any rain or snow. Was maintained with Royal Purple and Maguiar's products. It had 37K on the clock when we bought it. We borrowed $8,000 of the $10,500 we paid for it. We could have paid cash but it was more important to us to have a cash reserve and be investing in a 401K. Borrowed the money from a credit union at 2.49%. Paid an average of $60-70 extra each month so we paid it off 9 months early on a 36 month loan. Just paid it off today.

I would never take out a loan I couldn't afford. And yes if you have the time and ability to save and pay cash for a car that's the best. Not everyone can, or sometimes the right car comes up before you had time to save.

Bottom line you have 2 beautiful cars with low production, high resale value. Great investment.

One last thing, no matter what the vehicle I would NEVER take out one of the 6-7 year car loans they offer today. Between the interest paid on the loan and the depreciation of the car you will be underwater for the majority of the loan and pay about double what the cars worth.

In today's financial world if you can get a car loan at 2.5% or less for 36 months why not use OPM.

My daughter just bought a 2013 Subaru at a great price because the 2014's were on the lot and she got the loan at 0.0% interest, a no brainer.

Last edited:

bumsoil

Established Member
i love my cobra, but a gen 2 viper is my dream car. as far as im concerned it is the best looking car ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread