Finally installed my POSI ported blower

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't lie you just wanted to check out my ass while I was working on your car.:nonono:

Hope to make it to the dyno Wednesday to see the results.:rockon:

hope to see you there on wednesday too:beer:

and with your tall lanky body, i would have been checking out the back of your knees!!! lol cya wednesday

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Blower looks great painted black and red. And the Posi race-port will get your adrenalin up once the car is tuned and you're on the road. Enjoy!!

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Blower looks great painted black and red. And the Posi race-port will get your adrenalin up once the car is tuned and you're on the road. Enjoy!!

and Dane being my life saver, was a long story... but here goes :)

if anyone is about to swap an eaton, make sure you look at the "metal dowels" on the botoom of the blower... (i'm doing this from memory) but I believe there is one on the back left corner near cyl 4(passenger side) and one on the front right drivers side near cyl 5

I guess the dowels help hold the gasket and alignment when putting the blower onto the manifold... since I swapped old blower off and newer ported/painted one on, I didn't really look at these (my bad) but when we went to put the ported one on, I noticed the front was up and seemed to rock.. the driver side front (cyl5) had two... the dowel fits in the manifold and the blower (both are recessed a little for it) i had one in the manifold hole and one in the blower hole, so having two in the same area was too much (common sense but didn't even catch it til we pulled blower back off)

the passenger rear (cyl 4) didn't have one, so I took one from the front (driver side cyl 5) and moved it to the back side one that was missing... went to tap it in and guess what???? he pops out and falls into the injector hole and drops into the backside of cyl 4!!!! I could see the intake valve open a smidge and thought (dammm it's gonna drop into the cylinder!!)

after 2 hours of trying to fish it out with a coat hanger, Dane went to autozone and got one of those metal claws and was able to grab it!!!

cliffsnote: check metal dowels on your eaton/manifold.. you should have one in each corner:beer: sorry for writing a book, but I hope this helps someone else

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good info Brian. Thank God you were able to get the dowel before it dropped into the cylinder. Now you can enjoy your new setup with no worries about where the dowel may have gone (if you didn't notice it dropped into the backside of cylinder #4.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Good info Brian. Thank God you were able to get the dowel before it dropped into the cylinder. Now you can enjoy your new setup with no worries about where the dowel may have gone (if you didn't notice it dropped into the backside of cylinder #4.

Thanks, and thanks to Dane we got it out :)

Here is a pic of what the dowel looks like
dowel.gif

a pic of how it sits in the blower
dowel2.gif

and locations of where they are on the blower
dowellocation3.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, there should only be two (total) one in each corner, they will either be attatched to the blower when you pull it off, or still in the manifold

04GTMustang

Established Member
Nice, i'm making 471 with a 2.76 upper and exhaust, rai, and tune. I would probably make about the same power with a port... Too bad ports don't pick up much torque but then again all the power it is freeing up is way past the max tq curve.

Users who are viewing this thread