Finally in the 11's... What's next?

ctgreddy

Established Member
let me give my take on this - not sure if the op has the same thought process but it sounds to me like he might be similar based on his post

i want to avoid bias ply slicks because my nearest drag strip is over 2 hours away, and i must drive it to the track on the same tire as i run. i wouldnt feel comfortable driving at 80mph on the highway with radial front and bias rear, not even to mention the curvy back roads i'd have to take just regular driving. i could be wrong but i just wouldnt trust it on those tires.

so the car has to remain a normal road driven car without a cage, and able to handle well and not be just a single purpose dragstrip terror, that i could tow there or bring extra tires with, etc. if i could trailer it, then that would be a different story all together. so even though they only last 5k miles, drag radials seem to be the best compromise for this.

why do you have to use the same tires you drove there on? i have 28x10x16 hoosier bias ply's that i put one in the trunk and one in the back seat(covered up the seat ofcourse). then swap them when i get there. still handles/drives like a normal cobra on the way there then hooks up and obsorbes the hit with the bias plys when racing. and it only takes 10 minutes to swap tires out.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
why do you have to use the same tires you drove there on? i have 28x10x16 hoosier bias ply's that i put one in the trunk and one in the back seat(covered up the seat ofcourse). then swap them when i get there. still handles/drives like a normal cobra on the way there then hooks up and obsorbes the hit with the bias plys when racing. and it only takes 10 minutes to swap tires out.

no, i hear ya, and its not like i HAVE to use the same tires, it is just that in my current situation i like to pretty much run the car exactly how i do daily on the street. (i do usually lower the air pressure but not too much) if i was to put a spare set of tires in my car it would just take away space for passengers and luggage. also in the vert i dont think a tire would fit in the trunk, so i would have to put it on the passenger seat.

T800

Established Member
so 14 psi with a 2.81 and he should be at 18 with a 2.76, man my 2.65/#4 lower should be at 35psi.

So THAT'S how you pulled that 10.90!! :D

(Killer pass btw)

@OP...if you just want the ET, give it a shot of the juice. But as already stated...tire, tire, tire.

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
OP you have two choices:

A) Remove your Vagina and bolt your penis back on along with a set of 26" M/ ET Streets, and get that pig into the deep 11s, or keep running slower than mostly stock Terminators are going (FYI I went 11.75 @ 118 with a 1.74 sixty, through a stock exhaust, stock intake, only mods 2.90 upper and pulley and 26" slicks) You will not have to worry about breaking a IRS half-shaft until you get in the 1.5 range on slicks. Radials will break them going as slow as 1.8 sixties. They just have too stiff of sidewall to take to the shock of a stick shift launch.

Option 2) Keep it the way it is and hope you don't run into any mostly stock Terminators with good drivers at the track that are going to embarrass you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread