Finally hung my license plate collection.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm 99% sure I have the missing four somewhere (AK, HI, NE and SC) so in due time it'll be 100% complete. I also plan on switching out the few commercial/truck plates for regular passenger vehicle plates and acquiring more up to date plates for some of the obviously dated ones (I'm looking at you FL and IL).

Feel free to share your own collection and if you happen to need an NC plate, I have a couple I can distribute for shipping only.

EDIT: Updated picture to reflect the found tags.

License Plates.jpg

Last edited:

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Love this idea and your wall looks killer.

I swear there was a thread on some forum or on FB where individuals traded different state plates. I’ve come up short on my search unfortunately. I’m looking to trade a few MA plates for any other states.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Very cool!

Thanks!

Love this idea and your wall looks killer.

I swear there was a thread on some forum or on FB where individuals traded different state plates. I’ve come up short on my search unfortunately. I’m looking to trade a few MA plates for any other states.

Thank you sir! And I remember that thread too, I believe it was here?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I can “prolly” hook you up with an IL plate. I’m sure I got one laying around.

Coiled03

Established Member
How do you get them from states you haven't lived in? Steal them off cars? Pay for them?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
How do you get them from states you haven't lived in? Steal them off cars? Pay for them?

Fleabay. My wife and I were both born in 61, I picked up a 61 MN plate and have it hanging in the man shed. Made a display of all states and countries I was stationed at in the Air Force and have that hanging. There is also a company that makes plates with whatever you want on the plate.

einehund

Established Member
I'm trying to figure out how to keep my Italian plates... but just like my German plates, the absolute volume of red tape when you "lose" a plate turns me off to snagging them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice and a great idea.

However, I thought the North Caroline plate was going to say 1kHPDD.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm trying to figure out how to keep my Italian plates... but just like my German plates, the absolute volume of red tape when you "lose" a plate turns me off to snagging them.

If they don't have sentimental value, just buy some off eBay. If they do, have one of the many eBay custom plate makers make you a replica.

Very nice and a great idea.

However, I thought the North Caroline plate was going to say 1kHPDD.

Thanks!

einehund

Established Member
If they don't have sentimental value, just buy some off eBay. If they do, have one of the many eBay custom plate makers make you a replica.
That's actually what i did with my German plates.

If you would like a NATO USA plate, let me know. They aren't quite as big as a normal American plate, though, so it might look a bit out of place on your wall.

Kiohtee

Established Member
That's actually what i did with my German plates.

If you would like a NATO USA plate, let me know. They aren't quite as big as a normal American plate, though, so it might look a bit out of place on your wall.

That would be awesome! Let me know what you have/what you're thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread