Finally got to the track

Jsko

Established Member
Well I have had the car for a few years now. Went down to the track with some friends to she what I could do with the Cobra. As of right now the car has a Magnaflow catback, and JLT Intake. It is only my 2nd time running on a dragstrip. I took it easy on the launches at first, since my IRS is still stock. I was running on Street tires, KDW2's which were great. I was having no wheel hop issues, so I start leaving around 3k. Only got 3 runs in at Etown. Here is my best.

R/T - .488
60' - 2.181
330 - 5.798
1/8 - 8.691
MPH - 85.08
1000 - 11.130
1/4 - 13.192
MPH - 109.53

My first run was 13.4 overall for my driving, I am happy with 13.1. Now to get the KB on :rockon:

Last edited:

Jsko

Established Member
not too bad, congrats :beer:

I think for my 2nd time at a track and 1st time with the cobra its well. They only let you run 3 times at etown, I think I could have improved with a few more runs. Ill run it a little harder when I get an IRS Brace on.

I'm waiting for my friend to upload the videos otherwise I would have posted them. My friend was having traction issues with his 11' 5.0. We only got to line up once, but it wasn't anything too exciting since he had a crappy launch and missed 3rd.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
with a magnaflow catback my car was able to score a 12.83 at 112mph with a 2.0 short time ... with just alittle better 60' time and you would have been knocking on 12's too .. very good for street tires and first trips out!

94vert50

Established Member
Congrats! I am about to take my car to the track in MD w/ same exact mods (+ IRS brace that i'm installing this week). Is 109ish a good mph for stock car w/ CAI and exhaust? I was hoping i'd be in the 12's no problem but it looks like it won't be so easy.

03cobrah

Established Member
nice, i'm surprised you didn't have any wheel hop with street tires, it's the opposite for me but i have crappy nexens on the back which i will never get again

Users who are viewing this thread